*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003926-H-The-Mock-Turtles-Story-2---Educations
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242515
This is where you will find all the Wonderland Contest items.
#1003926 added February 7, 2021 at 8:40pm
Restrictions: None
H. The Mock Turtle's Story #2 - "Educations"


School of Fish

It’s the first day of school for the baby fish. All were assigned seats according to species.

Teacher Orca read attendance:

Dog fish: “The pack is here. All ten of us.”

Angel fish: “We are here. God is good.”

Clownfish: “We just got back from performing in the circus. Some are still unloading from the small car.”

Starfish: “All of us had to attend a regrowth seminar, sorry to be late.”

Pufferfish: “Sorry. No room for more than two of us. And no touching unless you brought the anti-venom.”

Hermit crabs:

“Hermit crabs? Anyone know where they are?” asked Orca the Teacher.

Sharks: “We’ll cruise the perimeter. Pickup any strays. Be back later.”

The sharks left the room.

Porpoise: “Hi there! We’re here. It’s a happy day!”

Swordfish: “We’re here, but can we sit in the back? Don’t want to hurt anyone. And we have to leave before noon. Have to help with the lunch prep.”

Cichlid: “Perhaps we need a separate classroom? We can’t stop thinking the Angel fish look like lunch.”

Gourami: “Let us sit by the Cichlids. We love everyone.”

Lionfish: “Can we sit by the window? Our spikes need lots of room.”

Tang: “Hi there! We’re here. Sit where?"
“ Hi there! We’re here. Sit where?"
“Hi there! We’re here. Sit where?”

“Stop, Tangs. Sit where you are.” Teacher said. “Now students we will begin our new year. We will start by learning more about fish. You are all fish, but how much do you know about your species?”

She pointed to the whiteboard in front of the classroom. The letters were made from small shells of snails.

“You are members of the Kingdom Animalia. That means you are animals. Even though some of you are fish. Then some of you are in the Phylum Chordata. That means some of you have a spinal cord. Are there any questions so far?”

Knock, knock.

Orca the Teacher answered the door to find Walter the Whale out in the hall.

“Has the class started yet?”

“Oh, I’m sorry Walter. This class is for cold-blooded only, you know, ectothermic. You belong in the Mammal class, down the hall.”

“Then why are the porpoise in there?”

Orca the Teacher turned to see the Gray Porpoise in row three. The Porpoise nodded their heads and smiled.

“You’re right, Walter. I’ll send them on. But you do know that this is tattling. I’ll forgive you this time, but don’t let it happen again. Go to the other room now.”

Walter’s eyes teared up, he nodded his huge head.

“Okay, teacher.” Walter floated to the other classroom. The porpoise followed him down the hall, chattering as they floated by.

Orca the Teacher returned to the classroom.

“Alright, now where were we…”

W/C 464


Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003926-H-The-Mock-Turtles-Story-2---Educations