*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003964-February-8-2021
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1003964 added February 8, 2021 at 9:33am
Restrictions: None
February 8, 2021
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Just an image Hi Everybody

I was preaching today. The topic was one that I was a bit reluctant to preach on because it placed me and one of the members of my congregation in direct conflict with each other. It was a sermon about judging others as sinful because we disagree with their blatantly sinful choices. I take the position that we are all equally guilty in the eyes of God and that the only difference between Christians and non-believers is that our daily sinfulness is forgiven. I was sure I hurt his feelings so I spoke with him about it later. He said that I had not. I had spoken what God had given me.

How do you deal with conflicts of belief with fellow believers?

Jesus told us that if we were offering our gift at the altar and realized that somebody had something against us, we were to leave the gift at the altar and go reconcile the conflict. If the person would not hear us, we were to go back with two or three witnesses and try to settle it. If that still failed we were to take it to the church for a decision. Matt 18:15-20.

The gentleman in question for me was having no part of any of that. I finally grew tired of his belligerence, and realizing that I was dealing with a force of evil, rebuked him in the name of Jesus Christ and ordered Him to be quiet. The demonic force left him and we have been fine since that time. Of course, most disagreements in the church have nothing to do with demons. The demon had been troubling this brother for days and we just thought he was getting cranky. The Lord pointed out to me what it was and I used the Lord's authority to deal with it.

In most cases, simply going to the person you've offended and making amends is sufficient. Use the steps of Matt 18 described above. If you were the one who was offended offer forgiveness and forget the offense. "Justified" or forgiven to God means "Just As if I'd Never Done It." We must forgive and forget as if the offender had never offended us to begin with.

For my blog "Prompt: I was traveling the galaxy with Bill and Ted in a phone booth and we found this planet: ♥Hooves♥ } Read this item: No More Seasons in the Rain (E) Poem Entry
STATIC
No More Seasons in the Rain  (E)
Poem Entry
#2232899 by ♥Hooves♥
Write about this in your Blog entry today."

This is a poem about depression. Depression is a mental illness that affects 25% of the population. It is usually more predominant in women than in men but a large percentage of men, 15% the last I heard, suffer from it as well. It is characterized by poor sleep or too much sleep, over or undereating, a general feeling of lethargy, loss of interest in things one normally cares about, a serious lack of energy, and a general sense of hopelessness. If you suffer from depression you need not suffer. It is a very treatable illness as science has made all sorts of advances in combatting it. See your doctor today.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment. Lao Tzu
Use this quote to inspire your blog entry."

I would have to agree. I believe knowing oneself is the trick. Knowing oneself and liking oneself opens the door for many communications and relationships to others. More often than not when I have a conflict with another I find that I play some small role in that conflict. I then have to fix my part of that conflict.

Blog City image small "Prompt: I think we can tell a lot about the character of a person from the way they treat their inferiors, superiors, or enemies. What are your thoughts on the subject?"

I would agree. If they treat everybody with love, including their enemies, they are likely Christian.

Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2021 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003964-February-8-2021