*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004074-Queen-Alice-Endgame
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242383
WDC's Wonderland Activity Writing
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1004074 added February 28, 2021 at 11:34pm
Restrictions: None
Queen Alice: Endgame
White pawn to 8th row/rank!

I guess this is the Endgame...

This was probably one of the most difficult and fun challenges I've participated in on Writing.com.

When I initially signed up for it... I only expecting 5-10 activities so when I saw the activity list had over 40 activities to complete. I pretty much was like well... I'm probably not going to make it through this one.

Since I had already signed up... I figured I would just try it out and see how far I could get before I crashed and burned.

Luckily the tasks for this were pretty enjoyable. It also really helped a lot to get "like" notifications as I was completing each of the tasks and positive comments from readers of this book. ^_^ They really encouraged me to keep going. I guess as a Writer it is good to know that your writing is being read. I tend to have a pretty dry sense of humor so its also nice to know that at least some of the jokes in this book landed.

So what have I learned?

There was a lot of technical Writing.com stuff that was new to me. I never linked item, entries, notes and posts quite in this way in the past. I also never created a Mad Lib before so that was fun trying to figure out how to do.

I really enjoyed trying to write in different styles. It was cool challenge having to alter my writing depending on the activity. I felt like a Baseball pitcher having to change up my style based on what what was effective for the player he was pitching against. That said... I hope I didn't give anyone too much whiplash while they were reading through this. I know I threw in a few serious entries alongside some of the more Wacky ones.

I loved working on the poetry segments for this too. Some of my favorite activities for this were:
"The Pool of Tears: Who Am I?
"Looking Glass House: Mirror Writing
"Looking Glass Insects: A Game of Chess
These are probably some of the best poems that I've ever written. ^_^;

Other activities that I was really happy with how my writing turned out were:
"Advice From a Caterpillar: Pigeon and Serpents
"The Lion and the Unicorn: Cut the Cake!

I also had a good time trying to add the chess references in. I didn't expect I would be able to get in so many. (Some of the activities helped automatically with that.) It was a lot of fun trying to find creative and new ways to include them.

Some tips for other people that are still going through these challenges. Try to focus on completing the task you are currently on. It can be overwhelming if you are agonizing over everything you need to complete at once but if you concentrate on just one individual thing at a time... it can provide a huge morale and focus boost. Also if you have ideas for the later activities while you are working on an earlier one, It doesn't hurt to jot down some notes for them so you don't forget them when get to later chapter.

Anyway, Thank you very much to everyone for reading this and thank you for an amazing challenge!
-*Castle*
Triton aka KingsSideCastle

Word Count: 560 Words
Chess References these entry: Managed to squeeze in 2 more. *Bigsmile*
Total Chess References in Book: 83



*Roll Credits*


© Copyright 2021 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004074-Queen-Alice-Endgame