*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004104
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Supernatural · #2243953
A world where humans and beasts live separately until a human crosses the boundaries.
#1004104 added February 9, 2021 at 6:45pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2
Furious. I tore into homeless zombies tearing them limb from limb, their heads sat in the corner watching me. "What happened to you, Wolfie?" One asked.

"I lost the little mouse," I growled tearing the heart from his chest.

"Oh, you mean the human!" He exclaimed.

"Yes," I whacked his head with my tail against the wall, his soft flesh split immediately and brains painted the wall red. I heard a familiar growl approaching me.

"Roxy, come on we've told you it's not fair on the zombies tearing them apart," he said collecting up the parts.

"Yes, it is!" I snapped turning to face the long-haired blonde man. I pinned my ears and stalked toward him.

"Hey don't! Don't challenge me!" He said making his yellow eyes glow brighter, "You may be the alpha, but you're not taking this out on me." He held his hands out to me, but all I wanted to do was tear them from his arms. I walked over to him and pressed my nose into his palms. "Why don't we go for a drink at The Slaughtered lamb?" I sighed and shifted into my human form, my tattoos on full show on my bare body. One of the zombie's wolf-whistled and Leon plucked its eyes from its skull for me, which made me giggle.

Leon handed me a backpack and I snuck into the shadows to change, when I emerged I was now in torn black jeans, a black tank top, chunky knee-high boots and a rather heavy leather biker jacket. Leon handed me a hairband and I tied my long red curls back. "I know I can always count on you." I pecked him on the cheek and we made our way to The Slaughtered Lamb. "It's a slow night huh?" I asked turning my attention to the barkeep. He said nothing and ignored me. Leon and I cut our hands and wiped the bleeding, oozing wounds over the star before taking a seat in the back booth.

For werewolves and shapeshifting wolves, it was a sign of respect for our gods, but it was more that each individual could pick up each other's scents, it comes in handy when you're looking for someone. Two vampires spotted us and one yelled, "aw look it's the pup who lost her chew toy!"

"Ignore it," Leon said ordering our drinks on a tablet. I leant my hand on the table and leant my head on my wrist.

"I had the damn mouse, but no the police got in my away once again!" I growled, my nail turning into claws.

"Easy," Leon said taking my hands in his, he ran his thumbs over my hands, "and breathe," my claws turned back into nails. "Stop stressing over it, next time a human crosses onto our territory again we will take them down." He leant over the table and kissed my head. Our drinks were served, we wrapped our palms around the cold and wet glasses.

"I know there's a no-fighting rule in here but I swear if that vampire doesn't avert his gaze I'm going to kill him!" I growled and flashed my eyes.

"I'll help you," Leon chuckled and sunk back into the leather of the deep booth seats. When we couldn't drink anymore and the sun was on its way up, we stumbled back to the house on the outskirts of town following the river back.

© Copyright 2021 Raven Valentino (UN: sylvanas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raven Valentino has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004104