*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004105
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Supernatural · #2243953
A world where humans and beasts live separately until a human crosses the boundaries.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1004105 added February 9, 2021 at 6:47pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 3
Leon and I threw ourselves down onto the couch but Leon toppled off. The birds sang loudly and the siren for the creatures of the night to retreat underground sounded. Thumping footfalls thundered down the stairs, it was Eric; he popped his head into the living room and looked at us, "have you been drinking again?" Leon and I looked at each other giggling. "I'll take that as a yes." I laid my head down onto the soft leather of the sofa and fell asleep, the futile hunt had exhausted me. My sleep was disturbed by Eric placing my legs over his as he sat on the couch eating a bowl of cereal. But it didn't take long for me to fall asleep again.

When I opened my eyes I was in my bed, my curtains were still closed but a slither of sunlight still crept into the room. I pushed myself off the bed and stretched, my joints were sore and my head hurt from focusing so hard last night. I glanced at the mirror across from me I was a mess, why didn't Leon warn me I was covered in blood! I ran my fingers through my hair but they wouldn't slide through easy it was tangled and dried blood littered it. I huffed and dragged myself into the en-suite in my bedroom, I was lucky as the rest of the boys had to share. I slipped out of my clothes and stood under the hot water.

I washed the water over my body enjoying the tingling sensation. I was lost in my own thoughts when my phone began to ring, "shoot!" I exclaimed rushing out, almost tripping over the edge of the shower, I wrapped myself in my towel and grabbed my phone off the side but it slipped and dropped onto the floor. "Damn it!" When I finally answered it it was Jericho, "what?"

"Don't take that tone with me, pack meeting ten minutes," he said and hung up the phone. I growled and got changed before dragging myself downstairs and Ash handed me a mug of coffee.

"Aw, you shouldn't have," I said and collapsed into my armchair near the fire and window, I never let the boys sit in my chair. The others collected in the small living room and once all there the pack meeting began. I wrapped my fingers around the mug and took a sip.

"Next time a human enters into the city we hunt together, not on our own," Jericho said looking at me. "The pack can't face that humiliation, creatures are laughing at us because of you Roxy."

"Tonight when we patrol make sure you catch the vermin," Alex said looking at me.

"Yes sir," I mocked saluted him. I pushed myself out of my chair and went to walk out, but Ed put his strong arm across the threshold of the door, "I thought we were done."

"No, sit," Jericho said, I threw myself down onto the sofa and huffed. Ash took a biscuit off the side and threw it at me.

"Good girl," he teased me.

"Shut up!" I snarled and flashed my eyes.

"This is not the time for arguing," he said. "There is a rumour floating around the city that they are going to make hunting humans illegal."

"They can't!" I said pushing myself off the sofa.

© Copyright 2021 Raven Valentino (UN: sylvanas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raven Valentino has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004105