*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004133-Peaceful-Quiet-Days-Finally
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1004133 added February 9, 2021 at 11:32pm
Restrictions: None
Peaceful Quiet Days, Finally
Another nice day. No, not weather-wise, it's colder than cold here, and no end in sight. Right now, it's -9 Fahrenheit and it will drop even more through the night. But, the girls are back at school, the second day now, and I'm loving the peace and quiet of the days.

Yesterday was the first day I had the house to myself from 8:30 to 3:30 and guess what I did? I'm sure you had a lot of good guesses, but no, I didn't do much of anything. In fact, I slept most of the day. I got up and seen the girls off to the bus, then kissed my wife before she went to work. Then, sweet silence and the house all to myself. Well me and Hannah, my four-legged friend. But, with it being so cold, she didn't want to spend time outside unless absolutely necessary, and then just long enough to take care of business.

I spent a couple of hours online, then, being up late the night before, decided to lie down for a nice nap. I haven't been getting much for sleep, five or six hours, but never sound sleep straight through. So, I took my nap, woke up once, and used the bathroom, but didn't look at the clock, figuring it hadn't been that long since I had lied down. I dozed right back off and when I did wake, I thought I had napped for about an hour or maybe two. I had in fact slept most of the day, about four hours.

But, I felt better after, and even though I had slept that much, I still was tired last night and was in bed by 10:30. It was nice, my youngest was pretty worn out from school and was sleeping much earlier than I had expected. Normally, I'm doing good to get her to bed by 10:30, and then she reads for a half hour or more. Sunday night, being so excited to be returning to school, she didn't sleep much at all. She was up after 11:00, then read for a half-hour, and when I checked on her at midnight, she was still awake. Tonight, however, she fell asleep watching television sometime around 9:30 or thereabouts.

I did stay up today. I was kind of tired, but not enough to justify taking a nap. So, I got some things done around the house, spent some time online, and even got to do a little in WDC before the girls came home. Then it was time to visit with them for a bit before starting dinner. After dinner, I relaxed with my wife and we watched a movie, then she retired and I'm here, getting my blog done before midnight.

Next, it's off to bed so I can be up early again tomorrow. I don't have any plans, just kind of taking things as they come. I would like to get out ice fishing, but with it so cold and the wind chills, I don't want to run the truck. I'm hoping I can at least get out a few times before the season ends. I have some stuff to do in the garage, too, but since it's not heated, that will have to wait, as well.

© Copyright 2021 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004133-Peaceful-Quiet-Days-Finally