*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
15
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004150-Lost-Words
by Ned
Rated: 13+ · Book · Entertainment · #2199980
Thoughts destined to be washed away by the tides of life.
#1004150 added February 10, 2021 at 8:01am
Restrictions: None
Lost Words
I woke up this morning with wonderful words and lines for a poem going through my head. Of course, most of it is lost to the brain fog that takes brilliant ideas with it when it clears. By the time I got to the bathroom, I remembered only two words of it. Ah well, that's two words more than I had written before.

It's rather good that I am here again this morning. I am keeping up with my goals, even though I didn't enter them at the Weekly Goals forum. I kept disappointing myself there. I need to whip myself into shape before I parade my ambitions in public.

The white down on the tree limbs was replenished last night with a fresh snowfall. It's strange to finally experience all the beauty of winter as we can see spring approaching on the calendar. We've turned that corner and even the groundhog's shadow can't stop the inevitability of it. I feel sorry for the birds who arrive early to begin the preparation of nests and plan for their spring broods. I know they are there because the cat chooses windows that look up into the trees and sits there from before dawn, staring up at the activity that only her alert observations can detect.

I am going to see if I can figure out how to make some keto pancakes and brew another cup of coffee. Then, I can start my day in earnest.

© Copyright 2021 Ned (UN: nordicnoir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ned has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004150-Lost-Words