*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004151-February-10-2021
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1004151 added February 10, 2021 at 9:18am
Restrictions: None
February 10, 2021
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small


I am getting ready to have a Bible study with some of the guys here in the home so I am sending the prompt before hand. I would forget later. Why is Bible study important? How often do you study with others?

I think it is of the utmost importance to be in God's word on a daily basis. Just as church recharges our batteries so to speak, Bible study also recharges our batteries. What a lot of Christians fail to understand is that we are at war. The Kingdom of heaven has been at a state of war with the kingdom of darkness for thousands of years. Our enemy, the devil and his forces are still alive and prowling around (1 Peter 5:8). It is not a matter of if the enemy is going to attack or will the enemy attack? It is a matter of when the enemy attacks! He is going to attack. He is waiting for that moment of weakness to attack. He is a very skilled warrior. He watches us day and night, always crouched and always ready to pounce. He will not attack the strong. He attacks those who are young, weak, old, or sick. He attacks the stragglers. The herd is well protected. The herd uses the armor of fellowship to protect itself because the enemy will not attack a group. The herd practices combat on a daily basis. They eat together and sleep together. Believers are the herd. If we study God's word together we strengthen each other. No soldier ever goes into combat unless they drill, drill, and drill. They get to know their weapon intimately. They practice and practice and practice with it. The word of God is our weapon. If we only hear it once or twice a week we are going to fall to the enemy. If we practice with the word every day and pray every day and connect with the herd every day we will thrive and the enemy will not attack us. I am the Sunday school teacher at my church. I prepare the lesson for the following week most Sunday afternoon's and email it to dozens of people. If you want to receive it let me know. With God's word you can never study too much.

For my blog Prompt: I was cruising the galaxy with Yoda and returned to this planet: (2011) She is a good friend and gives me a warm welcome. Read this item:
BOOK
Dinner at Eight  (13+)
Poetry Collection for "Express it in Eight"
#2233069 by ♥Hooves♥


Select a poem from this book and write about it for today's prompt. Enjoy.

I don't have much time for reading in depth. I am a student and have half a dozen other irons in the fire at all times. I did however read the poem Break in the Weather from this book. The poem is a metaphor for the hard times that happen in all our lives, particularly our personal relationships. It expresses that hard times will come as a rain falls in every life. It is our responsibility as people to repair the damage and move on.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: What do you consider the first signs of spring?"

I use to live in Parkersburg WV and every fall the red-breasted robin from that area would fly south. Apparently, they do not fly too far south because I moved 90 minutes south of Parkersburg and they are here year round. In Parkersburg their return was my first indication of warmer weather. here my first indication is what my mom always called "Easter Lilies," which aren't up yet.

"Invalid Entry "Prompt: Write about culture for today's Blog entry."

Wow! That is a broad subject and one which I am not really sure I can say much. I need a little more clarification. I know culture can be a delicate subject. For example, I had a professor once who talked about the differences in language where she was from and the area she move to. Somebody in this area had said "pert'near" which around here means "close or near". She had no idea the man was saying "pretty near' had it. Another example of culture is that around here we don't drink soda. Soda is something you use as a base or leavening. Around here we drink "pop".

Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2021 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004151-February-10-2021