*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004345-E-Wool-and-Water---1-Precognition
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242515
This is where you will find all the Wonderland Contest items.
#1004345 added February 12, 2021 at 9:32pm
Restrictions: None
E. Wool and Water - #1 "Precognition"


A New Start

12-31-21. I think about the ramifications of this date. The last day of the last month in the last free country in the world. Starting at midnight, the United States will be divided. The vote in September to divide was a landslide win for the Division Party. The new country of MonSoDakWy will officially be open for business on 1-01-22.

There was a discovery of oil in the corner where Montana-South Dakota-Wyoming all meet. This discovery of oil meant independence for the new country for the next millennia.

After the election, the new country hurriedly built a wall around the new country. All the citizens decided that the rest of the world would be kept out of the new country. Isolationism was to be enforced without regret. The virus that devastated the rest of the United States seems to have missed this part of the union. The citizens of MonSoDakWy think it is the wide-open spaces coupled with farm life. We out here eat lots of germs. They are all around us, chickens, goats, cattle, dogs, cats, sheep. You can’t avoid them. So a few foreign bugs really had no chance of surviving among all the others out there. Couple that with the below zero temperatures we have six weeks out of the year.

Life is getting harder. The climate is getting warmer. The new northern country is the only place in North America south of Canada that is still cool enough to support life during the summer. The abundance of wildlife means all can live ‘off the land’ if necessary. Farms and ranches abound. Backyard gardens are in every town and city. The citizens of MonSoDakWy are confident of their ability to survive. With self-sufficiency and income from the oil field, good times are coming for the new country.

Fireworks explode at midnight at the coordinates N 44 degrees 59.857 minutes and W 104 degrees 03.462 minutes. This point is the junction of the three previous states, now the center of MonSoDakWY.

It is a celebration of the new country. A new chance to make a difference in the world.

W/C 359




Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004345-E-Wool-and-Water---1-Precognition