*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004415-April-14-2021-Fantasy-Newsletter
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#1004415 added April 27, 2021 at 6:11pm
Restrictions: None
April 14, 2021 Fantasy Newsletter
Research

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werecat
https://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Werecat
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shapeshifting

***

https://examples.yourdictionary.com/what-is-folklore-meaning-types-and-examples....
https://www.afsnet.org/page/DefiningFolklore
https://www.library.illinois.edu/sshel/specialcollections/folklore/definition/
https://whatisfolklore.org/

Editor's Picks

1. Skrood
2. All That Ever Shall Be
3. Star Voyagers: "THE MARS PLAGUE"
4. Natural Immunity
5. A Luck O The Irish Tail
6. Marching Ides
7.
8.
9.

Heading 1

Ailuranthropy

Heading 2

Any one suffering from Ailuranthropy transform into cats.

Hook

Have you considered writing a story about a werecat?

About This Newsletter

Is she a werecat?
I wondered when she bit me.
There have been three fulls moons since
and nothing unusual has happened--
except for the three times
I woke up chasing sparrows
in the garden.

Letter From the Editor

Ailuranthropy, which is the transformation of humans into cats, combines the Greek words for cat, ailouros, and human, anthropos. Any type of cat, from an ordinary house cat to one of the big cats, can be the results of the transformation. Numerous folk legends in all cultures have stories about werecats. Can werecats and other shape changers be considered cryptids or are cryptids a different phenomenon from shape changers?

The were-jaguar is from the Mesoamerican cultural myths. In some of these myths only shamans or priesst, who was allowed to wear jaguar skins, could transform themselves int jaguars. In other myths, the jaguar warriors or knights, the only ones allow to wear jaguar skins, were the only people who could transform themselves into were-jaguars. Does anyone reading this have any more information about the were-jaguar myths?

In Asia, the were-tiger is the most common ailu8ranthrop. In some Asian cultures, people who were-tigers are said to be the results of a curse. In Malaysia and Indonesia creatures, such as Bajangs and Harimau jadian are considered types of were-tigers. Please let me know if the information in the preceding sentence is authentic.

I have made three requests in the above three paragraphs. Please put your answers in the response request box at the bottom of this newsletter. Alternatively, you can write an essay or short story with your response, and put the link in the place at the bottom of this newsletter for those.

Editors Picks

 
STATIC
Skrood  (13+)
A galactic explorer gets cold feet
#2245396 by Words Whirling 'Round

Excerpt: The intrepid explorer gazed impassively at the snowy meadow, contemplating her lack of options. Of course, ‘gazed’ wasn’t quite the correct word. The lumps of coal that served as eyes were actually charcoal briquets, nearly whole remnants scavenged from the family barbecue pit. Still, she was aware of the surrounding area with a seventh sense that humans might call ESP. There were several of the bipedal creatures in the nearby farmhouse, but only the smallest one responded to her attempts to communicate. And the large ones didn’t want to believe.

STATIC
All That Ever Shall Be  (ASR)
Creation myth: Optyx and Aqione.
#2147216 by Jaeyne of the Free Fab Five

Excerpt: Optyx had a problem, though he would not admit it. He was a supreme being without an answer.

 Star Voyagers: "THE MARS PLAGUE"  (E)
Episode III: Part I - A deadly virus ravages the Martian Colony Titan
#2236315 by jonblair

Excerpt: “Approaching Mars orbital parameters, Captain.”

STATIC
Natural Immunity  (ASR)
Nothing ever means to evolve a defense mechanism. But sometimes they just do.
#2246672 by Seuzz

Excerpt: Captain Eugene Chodor crossed his arms and settled back on his heels. "Maybe it was mutiny?" he suggested.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2246714 by Not Available.

Excerpt: Caeli woke up abruptly. A cacophony of strange sounds was assaulting her ears. Sitting up, she exclaimed over it.

 
STATIC
Marching Ides  (E)
Attend to my warning!
#2246435 by Genipher

Excerpt: "You are not intending to descend to that location, are you?"

Submitted by Readers

Activities, Groups, and Contests



s writes: In Australia, Spring means Christmas is fast approaching. Spring starts at the start of September and there are no other celebrations until Christmas (we generally don't do Hallowe'en as that is a Northern hemisphere thing, and Thanksgiving means nothing to us). It means we need to get ready for bushfire season to start, so we have to clear our land. It means the rabbits come out to play, wreaking havok on our native wildlife. It means the kangaroos & wallabies come out of hiding. It means lambing season starts. If we're lucky and the winter has been a wet one, we might see patches of green, ready to turn brown around Christmas. And it starts to get towards that unbearably hot stage of our weather when 35+degrees (whatever that is in non-metric countries) is the norm. So we still have 6 months before Spring!

Elfin Dragon-finally published writes: thank you for using my poem in your Editor's Picks. *Smile* With regards to symbols of spring? I sometimes write poetry about spring but I don't have any stories with symbols of spring

writes:
writes:
writes:
writes:
writes:
writes:


© Copyright 2021 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004415-April-14-2021-Fantasy-Newsletter