*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004490-G-The-Lion-and-the-Unicorn---1-Herring-and-Halibut
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242515
This is where you will find all the Wonderland Contest items.
#1004490 added February 20, 2021 at 12:21am
Restrictions: None
G. The Lion and the Unicorn - #1 "Herring and Halibut"

Herring and Halibut

Henrietta Hatchett lives in Hunterville, on Hopkin’s Lane. Tonight Henrietta goes to Hop Hall. At Hop Hall, Henrietta Hatchett attends classes on how to hook a herring. Henrietta walks with Harry Hilton. Harry lives at #14 Hackberry Court, near Henrietta’s place on Hopkin’s Lane.

Once in Hop Hall, Henrietta and Harry take seats. Howard Humphrey explains the herring’s habitat, also information about halibut and how to hook them.

Henrietta and Harry go out to dinner. Tonight’s special is herring with habanero sauce and halibut. Henrietta likes herring, while Harry thinks herring with habanero is too spicy. Henrietta likes the habanero sauce and buys a jar of habanero sauce. Harry prefers the halibut.

After dinner, Harry walks Henrietta back to Hopkin’s Lane, then goes back home to Hackberry Court.

The next night, Henrietta leaves Hopkin’s Lane to meet Harry at #14 Hackberry Court. They grew up in Hunterville, went to school in Hunterville, and now growing old in Hunterville. They discuss how the habitat around Hunterville has changed. They talk about the teacher at Hop Hall. They remember Howard Humphrey from high school, about how Howard Humphrey teaches them how to hook halibut and herring.

Hop Hall class that night again talked about how to hook herring. Howard spoke of the habitat of herring. Henrietta only thought about how to hook Harry. Was she too old? She needed to take notes on how to hook Harry.

Howard now began to talk about how to hook halibut, the habitat of halibut. Harry thought about Henrietta. How would he hook her? What habitat would she like? Howard Humphrey surely didn’t know how to hook Henrietta, thought Harry.

Henrietta and Harry decide to eat at Harry’s house on Hackberry Court. He fixed halibut and herring with a habanero sauce. But this time Harry tones down the habanero sauce on the herring and halibut. They both agree it is now just right. Growing up in Hunterville, you didn’t get a lot of spicy food, so they will need to go slow on the heat.

Later, Harry walks Henrietta back to her home on Hopkin’s Lane, then Harry saunters to Hackberry Court. Hunterville isn’t a large town. Hopkin’s Lane is only about a 1/4 mile from Hackberry Court. The way to Hackberry Court takes Harry right past the house of Howard Humphrey. Harry thinks for a moment of stopping to ask advice, but Harry continues on to his house on Hackberry Court. All night he dreams of how to hook a halibut, walking to Hop Hall, habanero dancing in their habitat of Hopkin’s Lane, and Henrietta waiting for him at Hackberry Court.

Back in Hopkin’s Lane, Henrietta was also dreaming. She dreamt of walking down Hackberry Court to find Harry Hilton waiting for her. Harry taking her in his arms. They go into the house at #14 Hackberry Court to a kitchen filled with habanero peppers, halibut and herring. In her dream, she and Harry feel that they’re in their natural habitat.

W/C 497

This is a first version of this story.
 Herring and Halibut  (E)
The long version of a story posted in Wonderland
#2244691 by QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham






Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004490-G-The-Lion-and-the-Unicorn---1-Herring-and-Halibut