*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004506-G-The-Lion-and-the-Unicorn---2-Cut-the-Cake
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242515
This is where you will find all the Wonderland Contest items.
#1004506 added February 15, 2021 at 12:15am
Restrictions: None
G. The Lion and the Unicorn - #2 "Cut the Cake"


2. "Cut the Cake!" – The rules to cutting a Looking Glass cake - pass it around and then slice it. Write a story or poem where everything appears to be done backwards. (<500 words) or (<40 lines).

Upside Down and Backwards

I like eggs for breakfast. Fresh, farm eggs. I heat the skillet, crack two eggs. The whites and yolk promptly jump back into the shells and the shells reseal. I am not awake, so I try again. And again I crack the eggs, as always. But unlike every other morning, the whites and yolks somehow go back into the shells. The eggshells don’t show any cracks. So perhaps eggs are not on the menu this morning.

Next I try the coffee maker. I scoop the coffee grounds into the filter. Promptly the grounds fly back into the coffee can. This is crazy, I must still be asleep. I try again, but the result is the same. Coffee grounds in the filter, coffee grounds fly back into the coffee can.

I wander into the bedroom. Time for help.

“Randy, Randy.” I pushed the blankets covering my husband’s head.

“Hmmm,” he moaned.

“Something weird. You gotta get up.” I pushed him again, this time a bit rougher.

“Leave me alone.” He burrowed deeper into the bed.

“C’mon. Get up.”

Husband got up, threw the blankets off. The blankets got in a twist in the air and ended back on the bed. He looked back in amazement.

“See? Weirdness.”

Husband sat and put on his socks and slippers. The socks were over the top of the slippers.

I chuckled. “Look at your feet. Are you still asleep?”

“I don’t know. How did that happen?”

“Like I said, weirdness is happening.”

“But why?”

I shrugged my shoulders, then took off the bra that had appeared over top of my shirt.

“Who knows. It’s just backward. Fits in with the rest of this crazy year.”

The dog walked in. Her leash was around her tail. She kept turning in circles, trying to bite the red leash.

“I’m half afraid to go outside. Let’s get back into bed.”

I jumped under the covers. My husband followed. The pillows rose to the ceiling, the blankets followed. We just laid there and laughed.

W/C 335


















Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004506-G-The-Lion-and-the-Unicorn---2-Cut-the-Cake