*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004721-Five-Days-Seriously
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1004721 added February 17, 2021 at 11:30pm
Restrictions: None
Five Days? Seriously?
I took a short break from blogging, a couple of days; or so I thought, turns out it's been five! I just haven't had much to write about and I've been extremely tired.

The tired part is from not sleeping the best at night. Some Covid leftovers that I'm really getting tired of. My sinuses are stuffy and when I lie down, I start coughing. I use cough syrup and it helps, but it only lasts for a few hours, then I wake up coughing and stuffed up again. I tried a different kind, one that takes care of the stuffy nose as well as the cough, but after a couple of nights, it had my stomach all tore up. Of course, it's winter in Minnesota so the air is dry, especially through this cold snap we've had for over a week now. Yesterday was the first day the thermometer read above 0 degrees Fahrenheit.

The cold is also the reason for not having a lot to write about. When you get up to a temperature of -33 degrees Fahrenheit it kind of prevents you from doing a whole lot of anything except stay inside. I think it also had a lot to do with me feeling so tired. Sure, not getting a good night of sleep is the number one reason, but lack of fresh air and being stuck in a stuffy, dry house doesn't generate a lot of energy or motivation. Now, we are seeing higher temperatures, still in the single digits, but hey, that feels good after double digits below zero with a wind making it feel even colder.

Now, it's still three degrees out, above zero! And, it's only supposed to drop a little below zero by morning, with a balmy high of ten degrees tomorrow. And it just keeps climbing through the week and by this weekend, we may get above freezing. That will provide me with more fresh air, and I may even get to go out ice fishing. Yes, I haven't gotten out yet, but I should be able to get a few outings in before the temperatures get too high and soften the ice.

Now, time to wrap things up and go try to sleep.

© Copyright 2021 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004721-Five-Days-Seriously