*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004859-Doggies
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#1004859 added February 20, 2021 at 10:21am
Restrictions: None
Doggies
They pranced in from the out of doors, rambunctious and rowdy, after finishing their business. On their feet the remnants of snow, mud, and water splashed on the floor and walls as they sought to shake the debris from their bodies. That's what dogs do! And for the millionth time while I cleaned up the mess, I thought about the insanity of dog ownership. I convinced myself, for just a few seconds, that without the beasts life would be much simpler and less work. And then when the were dry, they jumped like rabbits all around the house and they chased each other around in circles. They had discovered a vibrant new burst of energy from dropping their load outside. Because that is what dogs do! Onto the couch, over the chair, down the hall and back again. The little one tried desperately to keep up with the big one, and throw in my son's visiting cat to the mix, it was quite comical. There were three full loops through the house before they calmed, reminding me of the old commercial, "ohh, ohh ,what a relieve it is." You get the picture! I was helpless throughout their rampage. I just watched and I laughed, and remembered why I love animals.

© Copyright 2021 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004859-Doggies