*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005048-Almost-Finished-Almost-Time-To-Go-Fish
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1005048 added February 23, 2021 at 12:56am
Restrictions: None
Almost Finished, Almost Time To Go Fish
It was another beautiful winter day for Minnesota, the snow was melting and the sun was shining most of the day. I didn't get to enjoy much of it, I was finishing up some work in the house. I thought about putting it off and going out ice fishing, but it was a bit windy for setting up my pop-up shelter, so I stuck to the plan and got it done. Tomorrow is supposed to be pretty nice as well, but we have a chance of a lot of snow and freezing rain. That's alright, I have to drive my wife around for some medical appointments, so I won't have time to head to the lake anyway.

Well, I say it's alright, but not if we get a crap-load of snow on top of ice; that's never any good. But, I'm thinking we won't get a lot of snow. But, with the temperature just dropping below freezing right now, it could be icy driving come morning. I'm glad I decided to listen to the guy at the garage when he suggested I put good snow and ice tires on the car for the winter, they have helped a few times now. Seriously, I wasn't going to, I had planned to go with all-season tires, but he convinced me and I cannot believe the difference they make on icy roads and pulling the car through deep snow.

I also have some work to do in the garage tomorrow, if my wife is up to helping me move a few things after we get back home. I have a couple of items that I just can't handle by myself that need to get moved out of the way so I can put install a work cabinet. Most of the stuff I need to rearrange I can do by myself, but there are a couple that are just too awkward to move alone. The hardest part is trying to figure out how to organize everything so I can get the car back in when I finish.

That leaves Wednesday to get out fishing, but the snow and freezing rain extend into Wednesday as well. Again, I don't think we are going to get much, and if it's icy Wednesday morning, I can wait until the afternoon to go out, once it's warmed up enough to melt off the ice. I'm staying optimistic and looking toward the brighter side.

© Copyright 2021 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005048-Almost-Finished-Almost-Time-To-Go-Fish