*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005154-Guess-Whos-Coming-to-Dinner
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1005154 added February 24, 2021 at 12:01am
Restrictions: None
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
Entry #6 of 8 for "Journalistic Intentions [18+]

*Clapper* Guess Who's Coming to Dinner


I'm guessing... no one, because there's still a pandemic going on.

Yeah. I know. No one cares anymore. And I get that -- I quit caring about a lot of things, myself, like the environment or adhering to society's expectations of me. But not about the pandemic. Too many people have suffered long-term effects, and I'm just done with everyone who's pretending it doesn't exist. They've made it so that, instead of me sometimes going out and doing stuff, I have to never go out and do stuff. And I miss doing stuff.

But you know what I don't miss? I don't miss having to do the work involved with having guests over. Or, more usually, me doing the work and then people cancelling at the last minute.

Just can't trust anyone.

Fortunately, I've entered Grumpy Old Man territory and I no longer have to put up with shit that I don't want to put up with, such as people who are annoying. Which is almost everybody.

Don't get me wrong - if I'm invited to dinner, once I can move around again, I'll be as polite and respectful as I know how to be (though you'll still have to put up with my jokes). But no more hosting for me. Too much work for not enough reward.

Yeah, I'm in a bad mood right now. Like I said: Grumpy Old Man.

© Copyright 2021 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005154-Guess-Whos-Coming-to-Dinner