*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005589-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-196
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2232901
Psalm 90:10, "The length of our days is seventy years—or eighty if we are strong....
#1005589 added March 1, 2021 at 10:52pm
Restrictions: None
Three Score and Ten + Day 196

It looks like I have been absent from writing for a few days. I have been out fishing and it has been bad. Yesterday was terribly windy which made it cold, without much for fish. Last Tuesday all I could catch was small Perch. I am ready to catch some spring fish.

I will be leaving for the north tomorrow. I need to talk to a sign painter about a property sign. It was been in the planning for some time now, But it is hard to plan as the mural painter is very busy and we are at a distance. I will try to set up a meeting tonight, after I write this. Then of course today I had a lot to do to get ready for leaving and my printer took a dive. I had shipping to do and needed the printer. After messing with it for awhile with my poor vision. It was discovered the toner had to be replaced. So the wife went into a office supply store and got the toner while I did needed chores. We installed it and now all is well. Hopefully we are now going to be ready for tomorrow.

The twin grandsons are now twelve years old, cracker jacks and sharp as whips. I have been writing to them since the day they have been born. i have been doing it so they will now who I am. I have been trying to give them pointers and a type of life map. Maybe they will not make all the missteps I and other have made. I know every generation says that and every generation thinks it will be different for them. but I hope they can glean something of value from the writings. I also think it is important for me because my paternal grandfather died when I was so young. I only have fleeting memories of him. I yet feel so close to him, having a letter or something of a personnel message from him would still be a real physical keepsake, a connection. I share his name and I like to think much more.

I need to write to the grandsons about Life's Chess Game. What is important and what is not. How to cope in this ever more troubling, chaotic world. I will write them and as they are now older I will talk with them also. After I do so and have a blue print I will write it here.

I need to quit writing now and phone my brother. I need to know how much snow there is in the driveway. I did not go on the planned fishing trip for many reasons. I am sure he will fill me in.

Have a Blessed Restful Evening

© Copyright 2021 Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" (UN: fathertymme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005589-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-196