*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005930-Enduring-Temptation
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1005930 added March 6, 2021 at 8:34pm
Restrictions: None
Enduring Temptation
Bible study


I will be adding a new Bible study Monday. Don't forget to share your testimony with me for 1,000 gift points.

FORUM
Feasting On The Word of God   (E)
This is for a Bible study group.
#2245217 by Marvelous Friend

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

picture for forum


Take Up Your Cross


Prompt:
There are some other scriptures that speak of spiritual blessings besides the beatitudes. I hope for us to take a look at some of them over the next few days.

James 1:12
Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

What does it mean to endure temptation?

Answer:
Enduring temptation is simply not yielding to it.

James 1:13-15
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Instead of receiving the crown of life, when we yield to temptation, the end result is death.

FORUM
Take up Your Cross  (E)
This will be a daily blog forum.
#2225667 by Chris Breva

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have joined a scripture writing group on Facebook. I feel led by the Holy Spirit to share it with you here. You are welcome to copy what I have here or you can do your own study on the scriptures I share or choose your own Scripture to study. Some people like to draw doodles or pictures when they write their Scriptures out. Each scripture I am using here was assigned by the Facebook group leader. I personally like to use the soap method for Scripture writing. (S-scripture/o-observations/a-application/p-prayer) I hope this helps some of you be able to read and study the scriptures better. I hope sharing this with you is also a blessing to you.

Scripture Writing - Ephesians 2:4-10


Scripture:
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Observations:
Verse 4- God is rich in mercy (not giving deserved punishment). God has a great love for us.
Verse 5- God has this before-mentioned great love and rich mercy towards us even when we are not saved and dead in our sins. Because of this, through grace (giving what we don't deserve), quickened (to revive; restore life to:) us together with Christ.
Verse 6- God raised us up together with other saved people, not by ourselves alone. He has set us up in heavenly places, and put our feet on higher ground.
Verse 7- He raised us up to heavenly places so in time to come he could show his rich grace and kindness towards us through Jesus.
Verse 8- we are saved through our faith (belief) in Jesus Christ by the grace and gift of God. There is nothing that we can do in and of ourselves to obtain God's gift of Salvation.
Verse 9- Man can't boast or take any credit for God's gift to us. It can't be earned with the works of men.
Verse 10- God created us. It is only through Jesus Christ that we can do good works. God planned ahead of time that we should do good works.

Application
God is so rich in mercy and grace towards me. He has great love for me. While I was living in sin, outside of his will, he gave me life in Jesus Christ. He has justified me and sanctified me. He sets my feet on higher ground and leads me into heavenly place with Jesus. I am saved because I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and God has given me Salvation which I don't deserve and has forgiven my sins. Jesus paid the price of my sins for me. My salvation is my gift from God. Nothing I could do could ever earn God's gift of Salvation to me. God created me to do good works through Christ who gives me strength.

Prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you so very much for your precious gift. Thank you for loving me and giving me grace and showing me mercy. Let my only boast be in and of you and all you have done for me. I praise you, and give you glory in return. Here is my life. I have given it to you. Direct my path. Help me to remain in your will.

In Jesus’ Precious Name,

Marvelous Friend

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gratitude List


1. Food I don't have to cook to eat.
2. Understanding
3. Notebooks
4. Writing utensils
5. Prayer
6. Praise
7. Church family
8. Doggie bags
9. Leashes
10. Flashlights



Jesus is my permanent anchor!
A signature for me to use

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005930-Enduring-Temptation