*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006037-Psalm-11-3
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1006037 added March 9, 2021 at 1:59pm
Restrictions: None
Psalm 1:1-3
FORUM
Feasting On The Word of God   (E)
This is for a Bible study group.
#2245217 by Marvelous Friend


A new Bible study was posted here today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


picture for forum


Take Up Your Cross


Prompt:
Psalm 1:1-3
1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

This scripture is loaded with information. It tells us what we should not do and what we should do and that we will be blessed for following these instructions. How can these verses apply to our lives?

Answer:
Walking not in the council of the ungodly means to not follow their advice to sin. To not stand in the way of sinners means to not spend a bunch of quality time with them doing the things they are doing. To not sit in the seat of the scornful means to not sit around mocking and passing harsh judgement on and criticizing other people.

The godly delight to read and study God's law. They will think about it all the time. Because they delight in God's law and do not spend a majority of their time associated with the ungodly, they are blessed. Whatever they do will prosper and they will be like a well-watered garden.

FORUM
Take up Your Cross  (E)
This will be a daily blog forum.
#2225667 by Chris Breva

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scripture writing - Ephesians 4:29-32


Scripture
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Observations
Verse 29- Let your speech be only good at all times so those that hear it will be blessed.
Verse 30- The Holy Spirit is our seal for Salvation. We don't want to grieve him.
Verse 31- Don’t hold on to negative emotions. Get rid of them quickly.
Verse 32- Be towards others as Christ is towards you.

Application
Love others as Christ loves you. Don't grieve the Holy Spirit. Don't hang on to negative emotions. Speak only things that are good for others to hear.

Prayer
Dear God,
Help me to love others the way you love me. Keep the door of my mouth. Teach me to only speak what is right. Teach me to forgive quickly and to never hang on to anger or other negative emotions. Help me to never grieve your spirit. Thank you for your salvation. I love you.
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gratitude List


1. Money to pay the bills and get essential items
2. Insurance
3. Transportation
4. Pharmacy
5. Allergy medicine
6. Lotion
7. Hand sanitizer
8. Face masks
9. Wrist brace
10. Dish soap

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make-up Scripture writing - Joel 2:12-14

For March 1, 2021


Scripture
12 Therefore also now, saith the Lord, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:
13 And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the Lord your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.
14 Who knoweth if he will return and repent, and leave a blessing behind him; even a meat offering and a drink offering unto the Lord your God?

Observations
Verse 12 - God is giving his people a chance to repent of their sins and to change their attitude and behavior. He wants complete repentance. He wants them to truly be sorry for their sins against him. He wants them to show that sorrow by weeping and mourning for offending him and by afflicting the body in fasting. (to show true grief because of their sins against him)
Verse 13- Let your sin break your heart and return to serving God. God is very merciful and gracious. He is slow to anger (long suffering) and very kind. He may change his mind about the evil he has planned toward you in his anger.
Verse 14- Who knows? He may even bless you instead.

Application
When we realized we have sinned against God, we should immediately enter into an attitude of grieving repentance. God wants us to be truly sorry and heartbroken over our sin just as it also breaks his heart when we sin.

Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father,
Help me to be truly sorry for my sins against you. Let me realize how much they hurt you. Teach me to grieve over my sin the way you want me to. Show me your great mercy and kindness. Forgive me where I have failed you. I love you, God.
In Jesus’ precious name,
Amen

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006037-Psalm-11-3