*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006083-Blessed-Are-They-Who-Do-His-Commandments
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1006083 added March 9, 2021 at 3:35pm
Restrictions: None
Blessed Are They Who Do His Commandments!
A new Bible study has been posted for this week. Take a look!

FORUM
Feasting On The Word of God   (E)
This is for a Bible study group.
#2245217 by Marvelous Friend


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
picture for forum


Take Up Your Cross


Prompt:
Revelation 22:12-14
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Explain these verses.

Answer:
The Bible says, Christ’s coming will be like a thief in the night. He comes back quickly when we least expect it. Another thing I noticed about verse 12, is that he not only comes back quickly, but he comes prepared to give every man according to his works. Verse 13 simply says he is the beginning and the ending and everything in between. When he returns, we are going to be very blessed if he finds us obeying his Commandments and doing what we are supposed to be doing. Our forefather, Adam, ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and brought death upon the whole human race. When Jesus leads us to the tree of life to eat of it, we will then live forever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scripture writing - Romans 15:1-6


Scripture:
1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.
3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Observations:
Verse1- The ones that are stronger in the faith should help the ones who are weaker. We are to put others before ourselves.
Verse 2- First of all, it is important to understand what edification is. After looking it up on Google, I got this definition. Edification is the act of edifying, or the state of being edified; a building up, especially in a moral, emotional, or spiritual sense; moral, intellectual, or spiritual improvement; through encouragement and instruction. Basically, this verse is saying that we should lift each other up and encourage one another.
Verse 3- we should edify each other and put others first because that is the example Christ set for us.
Verse 4- The scriptures were written so that we might have education, patience, comfort, and hope.
Verse 5- After looking up the definition of consolation, here is what I found on yourdictionary.com. The definition of consolation refers to comfort that is given to someone in a time of disappointment, or to the people or things that are providing that comfort. I find it interesting that this refers to God as the God of patience and consolation. I can't help but see this a picture of a very loving and compassionate God. I notice that he is the one that makes us like-minded one toward another in Jesus Christ.
Verse 6- God the Father makes us like-minded in Christ so that we can glorify him in one mind and one voice.

Application:
Wow! These verses are loaded! When just reading over them at first glance, I did not expect to get what I got out of them by taking a closer, more in-depth look. God wants us to put others needs before our own. He wants us to live as a sacrifice for others just as Christ lived as a sacrifice for us. He wants the strong to help the weak. The scriptures were given to us for our good, and not to just condemn us all. When we are like-minded, we are able to glorify and praise God as a whole with one mind and one voice. It is God who causes us to be like-minded one toward another so we can glorify him together. God comforts and consoles and is patient with his people.


Prayer:
Dear God in Heaven,
I give praise and glory to your name. You are so good and loving towards us. Help me to put others first before myself. I trust you to care for me. Help me to live out the example that Christ has set before me. Thank you for your Holy Scriptures.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gratitude List


1. Pets
2. Facebook messenger
3. Ceiling fans
4. Sinks
5. Clouds in the sky
6. Trees for shade
7. Mail
8. Bible study
9. Worship music
10. Bible study helps

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make-up Scripture writing - Joshua 1:5-9

For March 2, 2021


Scripture:
5 There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
6 Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.
7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest.
8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Observations:
Verse 5- God's promise to Joshua is good for all of us. He is a faithful God. He will not fail or forsake us when we are doing what he has called us to do.
Verse 6- God desires us to be strong in his strength and not weak. God desires us to have courage in difficult times. God will fulfill his promises.
Verse 7- God is telling Joshua that the only way he will prosper is if he follows God's laws and does it without variation.
Verse 8- Joshua will have prosperity and success when he makes God's law his focus day and night. He should always be thinking about it and speaking it continually.
Verse 9- In this verse, God tells him again to be strong and courageous. It is a command from God. He tells him to not be afraid or dismayed (To cause to lose enthusiasm or resolution; disillusion or discourag; A feeling of discouragement or consternation, as at the prospect of trouble.), because God is going to be with him wherever he goes.

Application:
God is faithful to keep his promises. We can trust him 100%. We do not have to be dismayed or discouraged, because God will bring to pass everything he has promised. We can be courageous and strong and bold because he is with us always everywhere we go. He never leaves us or for sale a us. We can have confidence to perform his will in our lives. We will experience prosperity and success when we live, breathe, and think constantly on the Word and laws of God.

Prayer:
Dear God in Heaven,
Hallowed be your name! You are so precious to us, a constant and consistent companion and friend. You are our Holy Father and bless those who do your will. Thank you for all your precious promises that we can rely on. We can have confidence to increase our faith in you. You are so good.
In Jesus’ name,
Amen

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006083-Blessed-Are-They-Who-Do-His-Commandments