*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006085-Another-Five-Days-Passes
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1006085 added March 9, 2021 at 2:28pm
Restrictions: None
Another Five Days Passes
How does it happen? I just don't get it, there has to be some kind of time loop or something... I wrote in here on March forth, yet I thought I had only missed a couple of days? Let's see where the days went, shall we?

Friday I was pretty busy working out in the garage and in the yard. We have a terrible ice build-up and with the warm temperatures, the snow and ice are melting fast. That's great, except we live on a hill and most of the melt-off is running down the sidewalk where it refreezes at night and makes a treacherous walk in the forenoons. Friday I chipped a trench so that most of the water would flow to on point and not all over the sidewalks. I also had to do some cleaning in the garage and organize things and discovered that the water was also seeping into the garage under the overhead door. This froze and when I hit the opener, it bent the support that attaches the chain to the door.

So, I trenched a bit in the frozen gravel so most of the water could drain away from the garage door. Then I pulled the support off and tried to straighten it. Of course, it wouldn't ever be perfect again, but it did straighten pretty well. I also fabricated a bit of a brace to put inside of the brace to help keep it from bending again. Finally, I sprayed some oil, cooking oil to be precise, on the rubber seal of the door so if it did get wet and freeze, it likely wouldn't freeze down tight.

By this time, it was getting late and I called it a day. I made dinner, relaxed, and was planning on logging in here later in the evening. But, I was tired and sore from all the chipping and shoveling ice chunks, so I ended up going to bed and left my blog for Saturday.

Saturday we headed over to my mother-in-law's for the day and helped her out with some stuff. We had planned to be home by late afternoon, but we had a late start, and then she insisted we stay for dinner. My sister-in-law was also there and also wanted us to stay. In fact, she tried her best to convince us to stay the night. But, we had things to get done and had to be home. Even so, we didn't get home until almost ten and I was again tired and ready for bed.

Sunday was spent getting more work done outside, busting up some ice, and trying to get more water away from the sidewalks. We also did a bit of shopping, made a nice dinner, and then just relaxed for the evening. I was still pretty sore from all the ice chipping and working out in the mud and slop, so I ended up tired and ready for bed about the time I should have been logging in here.

Yesterday I moved some furniture and shampooed half the living room so we could put down the area rug my mother-in-law gave us. She had purchased it for her living room, but once it was down it was too small and didn't go with her decore very well. So, she had purchased a bigger one and had no use for the other one. She needed to get rid of it and insisted we take it home and enjoy it.

It's nice, fits in the side of the room we have the desk and goes well with our miss-matched style. But, before putting it down, I wanted to get the carpet cleaned. But, it will take two of us to move the bigger furniture so I settled on doing this half since I could manage moving everything on this side by myself. After, I put fans on and set about getting it dried. Meanwhile, I worked on getting rid of some more ice and putting my ice fishing stuff away for the season.

I didn't have any way of drying my pop-up fish shelter, but with the patio cleared and dry, I was able to set it up for a few hours in the sunshine while I waited for the carpet to dry. While that dried out, I took my wife's new bike out of the garage and set about putting the lights, mirror, and speedometer on it. By the time I finished, the girls were home from school and it was getting on to be time to start dinner. But, the house was a disaster with everything moved, so I had to put the area rug down and move things back to get the kitchen empty. Then dinner, after which, I put the pop-up shelter away, put the bike back in the garage, and then came in and relaxed for a while in front of the television. I fell asleep in my chair...

Now, it's been a pretty easy day so far, but I'm not chancing it, I'll write this now just in case I can't stay awake later.

© Copyright 2021 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006085-Another-Five-Days-Passes