*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006139-Catamania
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#1006139 added March 10, 2021 at 10:15am
Restrictions: None
Catamania
We have a visiting cat and his name is Aethelstan,Stan for short. He belongs to my oldest son and visits for weeks at a time. I did not go seeking a feline companion for the large beasts that already reside here. At first it was absolute chaos watching the dogs chase him through the house. They were as afraid of him as he was of them. Stan was eager to defend himself if needed and very willing to plan surprise attacks from the hidden furniture caverns of my home. You haven't experienced true comedy if you haven't witnessed a 100 pound dog jump straight up in the air as the cat flies by and whacks him in the head as a good morning kiss. The cat is gone before the dog even knows what hit him. However, the cat's attacks are not limited to the canine population.As I pour my morning cup of coffee, the little minx likes to jump between my cup, my hand, and the pot ensuring that I am fully alert for the morning. Stan has a fishing-pole like device with a furry mouse on the end as one of his many toys. The cat carries the whole thing through the house looking for an eager participant for his playtime game. The dogs only have an interest in ripping apart the mouse on the end leaving us people to defend the feathery creature. This ends with us playing with the darn cat in corner and it is a 30 minute exercise of high jumps and leaps. The dogs often become jealous of the attention afforded the cat and toss their own toys into the mix. So life around here is never boring and it seems very quiet when the cat returns home. I have to plan my laundry excursions around when the cat is away otherwise it takes twice as long because he helps. Like i said, I didn't go looking for a cat but Stan makes things interesting.

© Copyright 2021 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006139-Catamania