*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006342-Department-Of-State-Baghdad-Embassy
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1006342 added March 13, 2021 at 7:04pm
Restrictions: None
Department Of State, Baghdad Embassy
Locale: Bloomington, Illinois

Week  of: March 8, 2021

         No, I didn't get to go to Baghdad for this class.  I would love to visit that city, smack in the middle of what most consider the 'Cradle Of Civilization'.  I doubt I'd get to see much though, but I sure would try.  Doesn't matter, I wasn't there this week, nor am I going there anytime soon.

         The students this week were American citizens who work at the Baghdad, Iraq, and Kabul, Afghanistan Embassies.  And yep, they were on location too.  So class started at 4 am each day, and ended at 10 am.  It was 1 pm in Baghdad, and 3 pm in Kabul when class started.  It was a bit strange being up so early, especially when I came upstairs on a break and the house was still dark.  This week's subject was Networking again, and a new experience for me.  Why new?  When I've taught this class for 12 years?  Well, since they are 'over there', this was a complete class, all show-n-tell.  My support staff (we'd be lost without them) shipped a Pelican Case to me of the equipment students would normally use in class.  Except I used it, and did all the hands-on activities while they watched.  Yep, they watched me, because they didn't have the necessary equipment to use, and could only watch.  First experience for me, but I get to do it twice next month for 2 Canadian customers.

         The class went fine, I did have a problem getting one activity completed, and spent some time after class to get it done.  The next day I showed them what I'd done to complete the task.  Of course this wasn't the ideal way for them to learn, but it's what we're stuck with, so to speak.  We still conduct a lot of field classes, but I'm still on a travel ban by my manager.  The good thing is, I've been able to see many doctors.  So far, nothing major has been found.  My left lung has a slightly enlarged nodule, but it's been there at least seven years, and has not grown in size one bit.  A PET Scan showed no traces of Cancer in me.  My blood work is a bit off so more will be drawn, and I'm feeling more and more like a pin cushion.  It could be a lot worse, I could have a life threatening illness.  Thankfully, that doesn't appear to be the case.

         The biggest problem with class this week, was an audio problem.  It was pretty bad, my voice would drop on their end for some reason, and I couldn't find the reason why.  Still not sure what happened there, I just hope it's not there this week.  I'm aching to travel again, at the same time, I'm enjoying being home.  I can't have both, huh.  One day in the not too distant future, I'll decide to retire.  If my health continues to be an issue (only during the winter months, believe it or not), I will retire.  Right now, it's wait and see.


In Closing

         I am home this month as I said, all of April and May, at least as of now.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!

© Copyright 2021 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006342-Department-Of-State-Baghdad-Embassy