*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006439-Ten-Day-of-Happiness-Day-5
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#1006439 added March 16, 2021 at 2:14pm
Restrictions: None
Ten Day of Happiness: Day 5
Kamal (Perfection) 15 Ala (Loftiness) 177 B.E. - Monday, March 15, 2021

Ten Days of Happiness:
Day 5

Bring to mind something you’re hard on yourself about. Perhaps it’s something you feel “should” have done (or not done) or that you’re not “good enough” at?

Now imagine someone you love is being hard on themselves in that same way.

What would you say to reassure your loved one?
I would encourage them to stop shoulding on themselves, and determine to do better or differently the next time.

What sort of words would you say to support them?
I would tell them they are a unique creation, with their own talents and abilities to express. I would say that "good enough" is many times the best and only results of a problem or an issue.

How would you want them to feel?
I would want them to feel the did their best at the time and under the circumstances.

Here’s the clever part... now turn those same warm feelings inwards towards yourself. Say the same kind things to yourself in the same caring way.

What would you say to a friend being hard on themselves? (and now say it to yourself)

Look at what you could have done better or should have done. Resolve to take that action in the future. I you think you owe someone an apology, apologize.


© Copyright 2021 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006439-Ten-Day-of-Happiness-Day-5