*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006475-I-Want-My-Hour-Back
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1006475 added March 16, 2021 at 12:26am
Restrictions: None
I Want My Hour Back!
As I wrote yesterday, I do not like Daylight Savings Time, I don't adjust to it, and it makes no sense, there are still just as many hours of light each day, we save nothing. Sure, it gets dark an hour later, according to the clock, but it also gets light an hour later.

All winter long, I wake up to darkness. But, by March, we finally get to wake up to the light of the sun. For me, it makes a big difference in my energy, how fast I wake up, and really boosts my mood. I mean, after four months of waking up before the sun comes up gets old and kind of gloomy. Then March arrives, with the sun slipping over the horizon, and by the Ide's of March, it's streaming in through the bedroom windows when the alarm goes off.

So, what do we do? We set the clocks ahead an hour so I can once again get up before the sun rises. It's like getting a small taste of something scrumptious when your super hungry, but not getting to eat any. So it is with the morning sun; it will be close to another month before I gain back my morning sunshine!

Now, to make it even worse, we have colder weather and precipitation for the next few days. It's below freezing once again, so it snows and seems like we lost a whole month with the time change. All in all, it's a bit depressing. And, why do we do it? I mean, for those who like the extra hour of light at the end of the day instead of at the start, let them get up an hour earlier, it's the same damn thing. Besides, the days are getting longer without any help from us; the sun rises earlier and sets later right up to summer.

Anyway, enough griping about the time change. I'm not going to let it get me down, even though I have a long and difficult time adjusting to it. I'm staying positive and thinking spring. In fact, while out picking up a few things at the home store today, I saw they had bicycles on display. I looked at a few and decided to get one. It's a nice way to start getting a bit more exercise and it's fun.

I even took it for a short spin around the parking lot before trying to fit it into the car to bring it home. The parking lot was clear, but it felt kind of weird riding a bike with the snow falling around me. It wasn't anything fancy, just a cheap hybrid with a bit wider tires. I liked it because it's good for riding on gravel as well as on pavement, so I can ride it almost anywhere. Of course, until the frost is out and the mud dries up I'll likely stick to riding on pavement, but once it's nicer, I'll explore some back roads and trails as well.

© Copyright 2021 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006475-I-Want-My-Hour-Back