*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006750-Ten-Days-of-Happiness-Day-10
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#1006750 added March 21, 2021 at 12:38pm
Restrictions: None
Ten Days of Happiness: Day 10
Jalal (Glory) 1 Baha (Splendor) 178 B.E. - Saturday, March 20, 2021
Naw-Ruz and Feast of Baha

Feeling like you're part of something bigger than yourself brings a sense of meaning to life. We can all make a difference to something or someone else. It can also help us get our daily worries and problems into perspective.

Here are a few simple ways to help you feel more connected and purposeful. Try one of these or come up with your own...

Collect together photos of people and things that are meaningful to you. This is a good idea, if one has photo; however, most of my photos were given to my siblings when I downsized. As for collecting anything else, at my age the only things I collect are my own poems that I transpose to books I have on writing.com.

Do something to contribute to a cause you care about. I do this every month.

Volunteer your time (there are ways to do this virtually too). At 74, volunteering virtually is my only option. Last night I volunteered to pick out the reading for the Feast of Jamal (Glory). I will pick them and the videos out and e-mail everything to the person in charge of posting them for the next feast.

Spend time in nature or a place that inspires you. I can look out my front door to be inspired by nature in my neighborhood.

Create something, like a piece of art or music. I'm writing 100 poem for the centenary commemoration the the Ascension of 'Abdu'l-Baha.

Help someone. Anyone. My housemate is the person that I help the most.

What will you do to feel part of something bigger?

I will join my friends in celebrating Holy Days.

***

This was an interesting and educational ten day exercise. Some of it I thought pertained to me and some of it didn't. I enjoyed most of it, and I responded to all of the prompts.


© Copyright 2021 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006750-Ten-Days-of-Happiness-Day-10