*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007039-Keeping-Gods-Word
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1007039 added March 26, 2021 at 3:35pm
Restrictions: None
Keeping God’s Word
picture for forum


Take UP Your Cross


Prompt:
Luke 11:28
But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

How do we hear the word of God and keep it?

Answer:
We do this by simply doing exactly what it says.

FORUM
Take up Your Cross  (E)
This will be a daily blog forum.
#2225667 by Chris Breva

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess we all have our bad days and days we struggle to control our emotions. Yesterday was one of those days for me. As I was trying to calm myself and say my daily prayer before bed, I was telling God how frustrated I was and I was kind of just talking out my feelings with God. There is a person (person A) in my life who is associated with another very important person (person B) in my life. Person A is not a nice person. They claim to be a Christian, but their actions and lifestyle obviously state otherwise. I do not like being around this person or the company they keep. There are times, because of my relationship with person B, I feel like I don't have a choice but to be around person A and the company they keep. Both persons are someone I have known since school days. Person A brings out the not so nice and not very Christ-like side of my personality. I struggle with anger. I am human, and it sometimes shows. Thank God, we have a Savior in Jesus. I definitely need him. Anyway, I was telling God how frustrated I was that I had to spend time around that person and why. The quiet, still, small voice responded, “How do you think I feel when I have to be around people who are sinning?” That stopped me in my tracks. Wow! That is something to consider.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current study is on the Armor of God. The below entry is the Bible study that was posted this week. I hope to build upon this foundation. My hope is that this will be a group and place for people to learn about God and for Christians to grow in Christ and fellowship together. I hope to eventually incorporate scripture memorization/familiarity, possibly optional blog prompts, Bible quizzes along with other fun activities, and a place to find other Christian groups and resources. If anyone has anything you would like to include or contribute or would like to see a link added to an item, send me a message and let me know. I am open to hearing other ideas also. What would you like to see more of on WDC? Maybe together we can make it happen.

Picture to use in feasting on the word of God




FORUM
Feasting On The Word of God   (E)
This is for a Bible study group.
#2245217 by Marvelous Friend



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you in the need for prayer? Let us know here and we will pray for you.

I am now the proud new owner of this, and would love to pray for you and/or with you. Let your requests be known! 🙏😇🧎‍♀️

SURVEY
Open Door To Grace Prayer Hot Line  (E)
Do you want prayer? Ask for it here! All requests are confidential.
#1372909 by Marvelous Friend


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORUM
Poetry Topic of the Month Contest~Closed  (13+)
Win Exclusive MBs. It ends at midnight at the end of each month. Suggest the topic.
#2216416 by Sharmelle's Expressions


I only have 3 entries so far. I would like to see more entries by the end of the month. I will give 1000 gift points to everyone who enters up to the 1st 10 entries out of my own gift points. Write me a poem about Spring/Rain, Tornadoes, or St. Patrick's Day. Living in Oklahoma, I would really love to read a couple about tornadoes. Give me a guest judging challenge! 🌪👀☔️☘️⛈👒


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the link to the group I do these Scripture writings with on Facebook if anyone else is interested in doing so also.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailyscripturewritingplan/?ref=share


Scripture writing - 1 Thessalonians 5:12-17


Scripture:
12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
13 And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
16 Rejoice evermore.
17 Pray without ceasing.

Observations:
Verse 12- Get to know your leaders and fellow Christians.
Verse 13- Be at peace with them and love one another for the sake of the cause of Christ.
Verse 14- Warn those who are not acting right. Comfort those that aren't very intelligent or have a low IQ. Support and help the week. Be patient with everyone.
Verse 15- Never retaliate when someone mistress you. Always do what is good and right.
Verse 16- Rejoice forever.
Verse 17- Always continue praying.

Application:
Get to know other Christians you are working with and your leaders too. Always love them and be at peace with them. Warn those who are not acting right. Comfort those that aren't very intelligent or have a low IQ. Support and help the week. Be patient with everyone. Never retaliate. Always do what is right. Always pray and rejoice in the Lord.

Prayer:
Dear heavenly Father,
Thank you for fellowship with other Christians. Be with me as I get to know others and help me to remain at peace with them. Help me to love others the way you love them. Remind me to never retaliate because vengeance belongs to you. Help me to always be rejoiceful.
In Jesus’s most holy name,
Amen

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gratitude List


1. Ability to walk
2. Smiles and laughter
3. Transportation
4. Locks and keys
5. Dog leashes/collars
6. Food and drink
7. Flushing toilets
8. Toilet paper
9. My fan
10. My bed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog City image small


Prompt: "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." C. S. Lewis Write about this quote in your Blog entry today.

I like this writer. I am familiar with a few of his works. This quote is very good advice. If you let your happiness depend on something you may lose, what happens when you lose the item your happiness depends on? You are no longer happy. He has a good point.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This image was created by the talented by Sharmelle's Expressions!


Prompt:

Prompt: I was cruising the galaxy with Yoda and found this planet: winklett writes again (231)
Read this item:
 
STATIC
Milkman Academy  (E)
What have we learned this year at Milkman Academy?
#855444 by winklett in the woods


Use this humerous poem in your Blog entry today.

Well, I would imagine that is what you would learn in a milkman’s school. 😂 I personally have never been to a school like that, so I honestly couldn't tell you if it is true or not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs


If you found yourself in OZ, what would you do different than Dorothy?

I would want to take a look around and check the place out before I went to the wizard. I mean if you get a chance to visit a place you have never seen before or never will again, why not make the most of it?

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007039-Keeping-Gods-Word