*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007177-New-prompts
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1007177 added March 29, 2021 at 4:55am
Restrictions: None
New prompts
PROMPT March 28th

We need your help filling the Challenge War Chest with prompts! In your entry today, write three of your own 30DBC prompts and then choose one to respond to.

1. If you could change lives with anyone, who would it be and why?

2. When were you last out of your comfort zone?

3. Tell us about the kindness of a stranger.

The last time I was out of my comfort zone was earlier this year.
I’ve been a member of a community writing group for over ten years. It’s always been advertised as Creative Writing classes. So we usually get people who have never written anything before. People who want to write their life story or that of their mother/ grandmother/ ancestors. Anyway what I’m saying is that the ones that come along want to be taught how to write. I’ve always thought it is very hard to teach anyone to write. My take on it is just write something, read it out to the class and be open to receive feedback. Eventually you will get better at the craft.
Anyway I decided this year it was the time I went somewhere to learn or mix with really great writers. So I joined a women’s writing group at Katherine Suzanna Pritchard writers house. They host writers in residence there, people who come from all over Australia to write their novels in the seclusion of the beautiful Perth Hills.
My first day there, the group were all invited to bring along their published works. I really and truly felt way out of my comfort zone.
Anyway I’m still there and am able to participate on a somewhat, nearly, almost, playing field.

© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007177-New-prompts