*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007585-April-2-2021
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1007585 added April 2, 2021 at 8:55am
Restrictions: None
April 2, 2021
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Just an image Prompt:
Matthew 24:43-47
43 But know this, that if the good man of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

How can we be wise and faithful servants?

This scripture is telling us that we are to be on constant guard because Jesus is returning. Today is the day Jesus was just over 2000 years ago. Secular science itself has proven that there were eyewitness accounts of the crucifixion so we know that it isn't just a myth. It really happened. There are also eyewitness accounts and ancient Roman records that prove that Jesus died in the crucifixion. In fact, medical science today says that no human being could possibly survive a crucifixion. It is a medical impossibility. When the Romans crucified Jesus He died. There are also Roman records which prove that a squad of Roman soldiers were dispatched to guard the tomb in which he was laid. The Romans knew of His claims to be the Son of God so they were not taking chances that Jesus's disciples would steal the body and claim He had risen. The Romans could not chance that because it could lead to an insurrection. So they placed a squad. or about 24 soldiers to guard the grave taking shifts. This however did not work because Jesus rose from the dead. Roman records prove that the soldiers were thoroughly questioned and stuck to their story that an angel had overcome them and Jesus had arisen. The Bible tells us that Mary Magdalene was the first disciple to see Jesus alive. Secular records show that the first humans to see Jesus alive were the soldiers. Many of those soldiers became believers and could not be bought off by the Romans or the Jewish Sanhedrin. They died claiming Jesus had arisen. Roman records clearly indicate that the resurrection really happened.\

After Jesus arose He remained on Earth for forty days. Then on day forty He gathered with His disciples at Mt. Olive. There He clearly told the disciples that while He was not setting up a physical kingdom and overthrowing Roman rule, He would be setting up a kingdom. The kingdom He spoke of is the spiritual kingdom we know as the universal or small C "catholic" church. Catholic means "universal". It did not originally refer to the Roman bishop or any other bishop. Jesus then ascended into heaven and an angel appeared. The angel told the disciples to quit staring into the sky because Jesus would return exactly as He had gone.

Jesus tells us to be on guard. We are to watch for Him. The passage given as a prompt is one of many telling us that Jesus is coming back. When He comes He will reward those who are actively waiting to welcome Him.

For my blog We had a party onboard today in the rec hall. Some of our fellow crew let it all hang out. They started reciting poetry. It was quite a coincidence because we got a call from the bridge. We were in orbit of a shiny star named Seven Ink . One of the planets in this system was
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2247537 by Not Available.
Have you ever been bitten by alcohol? Tell us your favorite party memory.

I've been hammered quite a few times. I don't recall any antics because I was typically in a blackout. I am a recovered addict. I have been sober just over 12 years. Alcohol was never my favorite substance so I did not use it a lot. When I did I drank enough that it should have killed me. My wife was usually my designated driver. She got pulled over one night after I had been drinking. The officer smelled the alcohol but knew I was the drunk passenger. He asked to breathalyze me and promised not to arrest me if I allowed him to do so. I allowed it and blew a .359. I had alcohol poisoning. He wanted to force treatment but knew he had made a promise. I went home but he told my wife to call him the moment I passed out because he could then legally treat me and save my life. I never passed out. I guess I was stubborn. lol. I have no recollection of the event but know I was sick for a week afterward. I only drank once after that. I had half a beer and threw it away. I gave up all mind-altering substances not prescribed and taken as directed on February 9, 2009. I take controlled substances to this day for narcolepsy and I take mood altering substances for bi-polar disorder. I take them as directed and have not been "high" since 2009. Well, I take that back. I have had several kidney stones for which the doctor ordered morphine and the morphine typically knocked me on my backside. Aside from that I have not been high.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "Use these words in your blog... courage, brilliance, bunny, daffodil and raindrops."

Courage is standing up for what one believes in. Lyn's a sly fox and I have different religions. She feels I have attacked her beliefs on occasion and I regret that. I am an American veteran who served my country believing that I was defending the individual's right to worship as they wish. I would never attack another person's beliefs, even if they are not Christian as mine are. I will however speak my beliefs and say that I disagree with their beliefs or do not practice the traditions of their beliefs. This has gotten me into hot water regretfully.

Brilliance is often in the eye of the beholder. I know many "experts" who do not have a clue about the truth. They are brilliant in their field but as ignorant as a fence post.

The bunny has become the symbol of Easter, which is sad, because Easter was actually the Latin or Greek term for Passover. It had nothing to do with a bunny. The syncretism or blending of religions led to the bunny representing the resurrection of Christ.

The daffodil is my favorite flower. They are the first to come up in the spring and always a sign of hope to me that warm weather is coming.

Raindrops will hopefully stay away for a day or two.

Blog City image small Prompt: "Do you have an ongoing project going? Are you doing it to benefit others or yourself?

Alternate prompt: Use these words in your entry today: bunny, eggs, daffodils, grasshoppers and loitering."

I like that you are offering alternative prompts. If I had more time I would use both. Since I am pressed for time I will use the first. Yes. I have several projects I am working on. One is my book which is suppose to be out this month. I published it so others could enjoy it. If I make money on it that's great. If not, no big deal. People are more important than money.


Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors


© Copyright 2021 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007585-April-2-2021