*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007596
by Seuzz
Rated: GC · Book · Occult · #2183561
A high school student finds a grimoire that shows how to make magical disguises.
#1007596 added April 2, 2021 at 11:55am
Restrictions: None
Schools of Thought
Previously: "New Bosses, Practically the Same as the Old Bosses

"Not yet, not really," you confess in answer to Caleb's question. "I mean, not specifically. All I know is—"

You take a deep breath. It's going to be a big thing to tell him.

"I want to change schools."

His eyebrows go up, and he crosses his meaty arms. "You what?" he asks.

"I want to change schools. Patterson and them have moved out to Eastman. And I was thinking—"

"And you want to go over to Eastman, with them?" Caleb asks. His brow darkens.

"No, I'd—"

"Are you pissed at me?"

"No!"

Caleb stares at you. "Then why—?"

"I wanna put some space between me and, well, everything else." You twist on your feet. It all sounds so lame, now that you're trying to put it in words. "I got nothing against hanging out with you or Keith. I just— Well—"

Caleb looks grim but not unhappy.

"Okay, I think I can kind of get it," he says. "You want a place you can run by yourself."

"No! It's not that! I don't even want it to be permanent! I'm just sick of this scene!" You glance around the loft. Amazing, you think. Two weeks ago I'd have killed to be able to get up in here. Now I don't care if I don't see it again.

Except you do care. You would want to see it again.

"I want a vacation," you tell Caleb. "And if I move out to another school, I can get it. For a couple of weeks. A month. Besides," you add, "it'll really impress Patterson if I score a bunch of masks inside another school, the way he's trying to score them inside Eastman."

Caleb's expression turns a lot more thoughtful.

"Okay, now, that I can get. But what school?"

Next: "The Old College Try

© Copyright 2021 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007596