*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007752-Catching-Up-JAN-MAR-2021
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#1007752 added April 4, 2021 at 8:01pm
Restrictions: None
Catching Up JAN-MAR 2021
So October, November, December, January, February, and March BLEW by like the wind. Where did the time GO????

WRITING & MARKETING STUFF:

I've been striving to keep up with marketing. I don't want to say it's been a grind, but it kinda feels like it. There's 2 marketing sites I use: Fussy Libriarian and Free Kindle Books & Tips. They're affordable, but FKBT requires a min of 8 reviews on Amazon so I can only promo 1 out of 4 books. FL is more affordable. I finally paid off my overs for Praire Rose Publishing and I made some money on the stories last quarter so I'm happy about that.

I've been targeting my VTP stories, reviewing, editing, and updating them. I've been focusing on them as they are shorter, but I'm finding that even though they are shorter, they still require a quality review. Right now, I'm working updating my Christmas story called "Christmas in Bayeux." The original story was published in 2011 for the VTP Christmas Collection, Stimulating and was only about 5K long. This update is now at 23K. I've added a lot more meat to the bones. So with that I updated the cover as well. I had some "alternate" covers made as well, which I'll share, but right now here's the new cover:

Christmas in Bayeux Cover

I'll share an excerpt or two as I get closer to publication. Right now, I have to finish it, and I'm about finished. Hoping to finish within the next 2-4 weeks, then I'll need editing and formating for the Kindle.

HOLIDAYS:

Holidays in Covid has been tough. For Halloween I dressed up as "Covid". haha. I'll post a pic in a few. November, Knotts Berry Farm did a "Taste of Knotts Berry Farm" where you go to the amusement and walk through. You can't ride the rides but you go from restaurant to restaurant taste testing the food.

Then there was the election. I have no comment on the election but to say politics is divisive and I really don't want to go there on my Blog. My Blog is my happy place.

December was challenging as it was the holidays and my governor, Good Ol' Gavin locked California down hard. I never shopped so much on Amazon in my life! But I did use some mom & pop places. I found "The Soap Kitchen" out of Pasadena and I love Stonewall Kitchen which is in Maine.

JANUARY
Work took away Brewed coffee at work so we had to rely on K-Cups. I discovered my favorite K Cups was McDonalds Medium Roast and Costco Medium Roast.

I decided to be a bit more active in politics. Not much mind you. But I have been sending my CA Assemblymember and Senator my thoughts on issues that are important to me. I'm very excited to have my Assemblymember coming to visit the dispatch center in April. I also email my Congressman my thoughts. Mind you, I'm very polite. I do support the Recall of Gavin Newsom, but one of the biggest reasons I do is because the EDD (Employment Development) is a hot mess.

I loved the Bernie Sanders meme of Bernie and mittens.

FEBRUARY

Happy Valentines Day. I love reading the Cupid Slam entries for the Bard's Hall
FORUM
The Bard's Hall Contest  (13+)
APRIL: Flash Fiction, 500 word limit.
#981150 by StephBee - House Targaryen
that I run with Sssssh! I'm not really here. . That was the best part of February. haha.

Well, we got a puppy we named Ollie. Ollie is a good dog, but he's a lot of work. No crate for Ollie. It's not his thing.

My lab puppy

He was 8 pounds when we got him and now he's up to 30. He's had all his shots and loves to play fetch and go on walks.

I started using my Notebook a bit more often on WDC to engage. I kind of like it. I like the "Quickie" aspect of it.

MARCH
I wore Green on St. Patricks Day. haha. My son, Andy made Crock Pot corned beef. It took FOREVER to cook, but when it finally finished it was lick-lipping good. So Cal and LA County has entered the Orange Tier and so more things are opening up and capacity is being expanded. I'm glad COVID is "shrinking." I'm so over my mask I just want to have a mask bonfire when all this is said and done. We got BREW coffee back at work. Imagine me doing the Snoopy Happy dance!

WDC:

Well, I turned 16 yrs old today on WDC. That's awesome! The Bard's Hall always keeps me busy. I love passing out the awards!! And Webbie and I have expanded the Bard's Hall Merit Badge Collection which I love. I also like the customized Awardicons for the Bard's Hall. I haven't really added anything new, but photos and notebook entries, but I might do a promo for Christmas in Bayeux when I finish it.

 
STATIC
The Moon  (ASR)
Alina has to make a quick decision,but will it be the right one?
#2198989 by StephBee - House Targaryen
was the last item I think I wrote for WDC. It was a fun challenge. I was bummed I missed Dear Me this year. *Sad*

Right now, I'm helping Elle - on hiatus with the Quills as a Judge for the Blog Contest. And that inspired to catch up my own blog.

READING:

I'm the kind of person who reads multiple books at one time.

Just finished: The Godfather. It's only a tiny bit better than the movies.

Currently reading:

Family of Secrets -- about the Bush family
Licensed to Lie -- by Sydney Powell about Brady evidence
Beyond the Keep -- A prequel to the Tearling
Fate of the Tearling -- book 3 of the Tearling
The Secret Service -- by Ronald Kessler - a look into the Secret Service, their duties and responsibilites.

Blessing to all this Easter, from me, Hoppy Bunny, Lily Flower, and the Ukrainian Easter Eggs.


Hoppy Bunny & Friends





© Copyright 2021 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007752-Catching-Up-JAN-MAR-2021