*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007915-Day-one-travels
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1007915 added April 7, 2021 at 12:00am
Restrictions: None
Day one travels

Traveling in Wyoming today reminded me just how wide open and wonderful the West is. We traveled from Roundup, MT to Cheyenne, WY on our way to Ohio. We ran through rain, snow, rain, snow and rain combined, rain, and more snow, and then the sun and blue sky.

But Wyoming. My goodness. It is the least populous and least densely populated state in the contiguous US. As I looked this up on the internet, the population is only 586,000 and some. That would be a small city in most states.

Now Montana is sparsely populated as well, but much larger. We have over a million residents, and are the third least densely populated state. And the eighth least populated.

But after I thought about this a bit, we've had a lot of folks move into this part of the US the past few years. People want out of the cities, the more populated areas. So soon our towns will grow as well,

We are traveling to Ohio for a short stay. Hubby is then traveling on to Virginia for a day or so and then back to Ohio then back to Montana in another week or so. This is our big trip for the year. A trip to see my mother, probably for the last time. But it is also a time for her to meet her great-grandaughter and great-grandson. I pray that the planning we've made works out.

On through Nebraska tomorrow!



© Copyright 2021 Queen NormaJean Greeneyes (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Queen NormaJean Greeneyes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007915-Day-one-travels