*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007967-June-2-2021-Spiritual-newsletter
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#1007967 added June 2, 2021 at 3:57pm
Restrictions: None
June 2, 2021 Spiritual newsletter
Research

Editor's Picks

1. Imagination of the Mild
2. Needs More Thought
3. The Joy of the Lord
4. Fate vs Free Will vs God
5. Many Worlds They Say
6. Why in the World?
7.
8.
9.

Heading 1

Spiritual Service to Humanity

Heading 2

Is service to humanity service to God?

Hook

In what ways do writers/authors serve God and humanity at the same time?

About This Newsletter


"Service to humanity is service to God."
'Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace

“A glass of water has no value on its own, but the moment it quenches the thirst of an exhausted person, it turns more valuable than gold. Be a glass of water and quench the thirst of others. A glass of water doesn’t need any fancy introduction to be hailed important, it doesn't need pomp and ceremony to be seen as significant, it doesn’t need any fancy attire to appear appealing, all it needs to do is be there for the thirsty.”
Abhijit Naskar, Citizens of Peace: Beyond the Savagery of Sovereignty

“Your calling should bless and affect the lives of others for good”
Sunday Adelaja

"One has to ask what is the goal of life? What is the goal of life? My interpretation of it for myself, a very wise teacher once taught me this, is to meet the needs of the people, places and the times around you and offering those services to God."
Suze Orman


Letter From the Editor

Is service to humanity service to God? Yes! Many times, when we think of someone who serves both God and humanity the name and occupation of a clergy-person comes to mind. However, anyone--no matter what their chosen profession--who is conscious and treats every individual they meet equally and fairly can be of service to both God and humanity.

In what ways do writers/authors serve God and humanity at the same time? This is a difficult question, that each writer must answer for their self. A few ways, which I can think of right off hand, is through planning, research, and editing. This way we polish a story or poem that the reader wants to read. Before we begin the poem or story, we need to decide whether the story is just going to be entertaining or do we want to include thought provoking scenes and characters. We also need to make sure our main characters are well rounded.

An inspiring story can be about spirituality, encourage the reader to search for truth, or show the reader a side of the world they have never encountered. When we do research for a story, we need to make sure the site or books we use are authoritative and based on fact. This is especially true if we have characters that practice a specific spiritual path or religion.

As authors it is our duty to make sure our research is valid. This is sometimes difficult in this age, where you can find almost any opinion on the internet. Making sure our research is valid is one way we can serve humanity and the Creator. I am not sure, but I think I may have gotten off the subject. Please give me any suggestion you have about ways that an author can serve both God and humanity.

Editors Picks

 
STATIC
Imagination of the Mild  (E)
A lasting art of living fair.
#2250114 by Jade Jaspers

Excerpt: When I in want of silent stillness search for leisure of my will
         I do placate my natural mind to the depths of my own kind

 Needs More Thought  (E)
A response to my cousin on International Prayer Day
#2249903 by G. B. Williams

Excerpt: Cousin, JamiceI was thinking about this just a few days ago, and the thought occurred to me that our Nation as a whole needs to come together and pray for its healing. We need to pray for the cure and end of COVID-19; pray for the healing of our people and the coming together of people as one; we need to pray to end racism and discrimination.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2249599 by Not Available.

Excerpt: My heart is full and overflowing
         Eyes full of light I am glowing
         Rejoice in Him and see
         Shadows overcome by glee

 Fate vs Faith vs Free Will vs God  (E)
Why would God give us free will? He already knows who will choose Him. Faith is the glue.
#2248504 by Dr Gonzo

Excerpt: Fate is a topic I am fascinated by, and one I seek to gain knowledge from others wiser than myself. Fate and the relationship between God and free will. Not being a man of faith, yet not a denier of a higher power either, creates a lot of questions for me, but unfortunately, not a lot of answers come my way...at least, not answers I can easily accept.

 
STATIC
Many Worlds They Say  (E)
Personally deep, reflective prose
#2247224 by siameezi

Excerpt: Many worlds they say, some say, but do not know;
         Each a version of this, each and all at once holding a version of each of us.
         And I think on.

 Why in the World?  (E)
My sleeping mind considers why the universe might exist.
#2045973 by Joto-Kai

Excerpt: Seated in a booth in a garden restaurant, He appeared. In the button-up plaid shirt and tan jacket, the Old Man didn't look like much. I think He saves the white beard and throne for the kings of old and their subjects. He didn't invite me, per se, to join Him. Instead, His presence drew me.

Submitted by Readers

Activities, Groups, and Contests



Mary Ann MCPhedran writes: As a child God took my mother away
I had no mother
I envied all the other kids in the street
One day I realized that God gave me a granny instead
So I too can celebrate .

Now I'm a mother and a granny
And kids galore will nock on my door
And lots of gifts I will receive
But before this day ends
I will pray to God
for the mother I never had
and granny for a beautiful life I have
and wish them both a Happy Mother's day.


© Copyright 2021 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007967-June-2-2021-Spiritual-newsletter