*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1008925-Reading-the-Bible-Gives-Me-Peace
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1008925 added April 24, 2021 at 5:00pm
Restrictions: None
Reading the Bible Gives Me Peace
picture for forum


Take UP Your Cross


Prompt:
Do you read the Bible and/or pray daily? Why or why not?

Answer:
Yes, I do. The Bible has become a very important part of my life.

FORUM
Take up Your Cross  (E)
This will be a daily blog forum.
#2225667 by Chris Breva

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture to use in feasting on the word of God


FORUM
Feasting On The Word of God   (E)
This is for a Bible study group.
#2245217 by Marvelous Friend


Discussion Questions

1. Why is it important to prepare Spiritually?

You never know when the Devil will plan to attack. You need to be ready spiritually like you would be prepared to react in case of fire or tornado.

2. How can we Spiritually prepare for hard times?

Pray and read our Bible Daily and listen for the voice of the Holy Spirit.

3.What choices during hard times can we make to bring more peace into our life?

We can choose to not react immediately and to give ourselves time to think first. We can try to avoid circumstances, people, movies, shows, etc...as much as possible that take away our peace.

4. What are some hard things you have faced?

My parents and other family members dying. Abuse. Arguments. Heath issues.

5. How have you gotten through hard times in the past? How has God helped you?

God always has come through for me and got me through those times. Sometimes it was the still quiet voice of the Spirit. Other times he sent people to me just when I needed them. He supplied things in advance I didn't know needed until I needed them. He would reveal a scripture, story, or poem at the right time. He would allow me to feel his presence.

6.What should our attitude be when facing seemingly hopeless situations?

Hope in God because all things work together for my good.

7. In what way is this piece of armor offensive/defensive?

It is a defense because it can keep us calm in ugly situations. It is an offense when we repay evil with good. Vengeance is the Lord's.

8. Where are you currently facing a battle at the moment?

My pastor is telling me I should not teach a Bible study because I am a woman and women aren't supposed to teach men. What do you think? I have already been instructed by the Holy Spirit to take a stand and to not stop doing the Bible studies. I will have a meeting with him Tuesday morning to discuss it. As crazy as it may seem, I could face disciplinary action from him and the church for this including being excommunicated from the church. I don't know how this is going to turn out. Pray for me if you will. It is ironic that I am writing studies on the armor of God and am going through this battle of my own.

9. Are you ready with the Gospel of peace?

I certainly am trying to be prepared.

10. What can you do to make yourself more ready with the Gospel of peace?

I could memorize more Scripture with the references so I can have them at a moment's notice.

Friday- Write about how you can share God's peace with other people.

I can share God's peace not only by telling others what Christ did for me but by being at peace with everyone as much as humanly possible. Romans 12 tells us as much as lies within us, we should be at peace with all men.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you in the need for prayer? Let us know here and we will pray for you.
SURVEY
Open Door To Grace Prayer Hot Line  (E)
Do you want prayer? Ask for it here! All requests are confidential.
#1372909 by Marvelous Friend


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORUM
Poetry Topic of the Month Contest~Closed  (13+)
Win Exclusive MBs. It ends at midnight at the end of each month. Suggest the topic.
#2216416 by Sharmelle's Expressions


Accepting entries for April.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the link to the group I do these Scripture writings with on Facebook if anyone else is interested in doing so also.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailyscripturewritingplan/?ref=share


Scripture writing - Luke 10:38-42


Scripture:
38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Observations:
Verse 38- Martha received Jesus into her house.
Verse 39- Martha's sister Mary sat at the feet of Jesus to hear his Words.
Verse 40- Martha was busy and overwhelmed with serving her guests and wanted Jesus to make Mary help her.
Verse 41- Jesus answered Martha. He knew she was stressed out.
Verse 42- Jesus knew Mary needed to hear his words more than Martha needed her help. So he refused to make her help Martha and continued letting her hear his words.

Application:
God is more concerned with what is going on in the heart than with outward appearances. Jesus knows what is needed the most and he will guide us to it if we choose to listen to his words.

Prayer:
Dear God,
Help me to always choose to listen to your words. You are a good God, awesome and mighty in power. You are able to calm the storms in our life and give us peace and confidence in stressful situations. You know what is best for us. Thank you for never leaving us alone.
In Jesus's Holy name,
Amen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gratitude List


1. Prayer
2. Worship music
3. Holy Spirit presence
4. Sunshine after the rain
5. Silver lining in the clouds
6. Flowers blooming
7. Over the counter medication
8. Rainbows
9. Shoes that fit
10. Ponytail holders

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog City image small


If you could choose any generation to grow up in which one would you choose? Why?

I am glad I grew up in the eighties. I am comfortable with the one I am in.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This image was created by the talented by Sharmelle's Expressions!


Tobber (143) writes about a world on fire in
 Planet Scale Heating  (E)
Short, 5 line free verse poem.
#2248129 by Tobber


What do you think?

Well, I believe the world will be destroyed at least partially by fire because the Bible says so. God is in control.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs


Discuss a product on the market that needs to be improved. How would you change it? Why?

It is hard for me to think of right off the top of my head. I try not to be a complainer. Life is too short. If I don't like something, I don't use it. It is that simple. Although recently, there has been a bit of controversy over a certain dog flee collar. It killed some pets and vets are still encouraging people to use it. Yes, it gets rid of the flees, but you better hope it doesn't get rid of the dog too. That one kind of bothers me.

FORUM
Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum  (E)
This is the forum where blog prompts will be posted for the Blogging Circle of Friends.
#1901904 by Lyn's a sly fox

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1008925-Reading-the-Bible-Gives-Me-Peace