*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009226-April-27-2021
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1009226 added April 27, 2021 at 3:47pm
Restrictions: None
April 27, 2021
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

R. I. P. Katzendragonz


An image for my blog group "Prompt:
James 2:14-17
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Does your life reflect your faith in Christ? Why or why not?"

I believe my life reflects my faith in Christ. I am the chaplain of the WV Veterans Home in Barboursville WV and I try to show Christ in everything I do. I tell the guys in my congregation that we may be the only Bible a sinner ever reads. I want my life to be different from the world.

I was walking up the hill the other day. Our compound is on a small hill so we refer to home as "the hill." As I was walking back from taking care of some business a police car went rolling by running lights and siren. I put my hands in the air and told one of the residents that the police had caught me. The man looked at me and said "Chaplain, the day you go to jail for anything is the day I will confess every sin I ever committed."

I asked him why he said that. He replied "Your as pure as the driven snow and we all know that. I can't picture you having enough of a past for them to lock you up."

I took that as a compliment. Apparently my policy of witnessing by my behavior rather than empty words is working. The administration here tells me that they hear the guys talking about how much they appreciate me. I don't do anything that Jesus would not have done. Well, I'm sure I do things Jesus would not have done but I try to live a godly life.

I want to apologize for getting my entry out late. I had a business meeting first thing this morning. I am in the process of starting a business called Rehab for Vets. It will be a long-term residential rehabilitation and treatment center for military veterans. I am going to use a different approach however. My facility will combine equestrian therapy with addiction rehab. Horses are sensitive animals. They can sense change in people and can be taught to respond appropriately when an addict is having issues. It has been done before in several places across the country with good results. The difference in my business is that we will specialize in the treatment of military veterans. 3/4 of my staff will be combat veterans. The other 1/4 will be veterans with small exceptions. We may have to hire non-veteran staff to help with the horses. It depends on whether we partner with a stable or run our own.

For my blog Prompt: I was cruising the galaxy with Garfield and we found this planet:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2083087 by Not Available.

Write about this poem in your Blog entry today.

I love Limericks and I love May so this Limerick is perfect for me. The syllable count is right and the subject seems appropriate. Good job Twiga !

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: Write about April showers."

April showers is a wet subject. I'd have to say it's saturated. Chance of precipitation 100%! I prefer April showers over January snow. I just wish everybody believed in April showers. Some people don't believe in showers at all.

{imaage:1971183} "Prompt: What do you think of assumptions? Are they avenues into which we pour our fears, wishes, or fantasies? Or are they results we gather from reliable and unreliable facts?"

I believe they are often wrong.


Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors


© Copyright 2021 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009226-April-27-2021