*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009462-God-Wants-Us-To-Love-Ourselves
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1009462 added May 1, 2021 at 5:45pm
Restrictions: None
God Wants Us To Love Ourselves
picture for forum



Take UP Your Cross


Prompt:
Does God want us to love ourself? Why or why not?

Answer:
I think that if he didn’t want us to love ourselves, Jesus would not have said that the commandments were founded in loving others as yourself. If you don’t love yourself, how can you love others like you love yourself? That is something to think about.

An image for my blog group

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Original Logo.


PROMPT May 1st

Write about one (or more) of your creative idols. Who do you look up to? Whose work are you most inspired by? Why?

Wow! This is a tough subject for me. I haven’t thought about it much lately. Two of my favorite authors are Gilbert Morris and Karen Kingsburry. I have others that I like very well too. I like reading things by C S Lewis and Stormy Omartian. Each author has their unique style and reason for liking them. My favorite genre is Christian fiction. I also enjoy reading religious and self-help books. I will read other genres too. I like variety. It depends on what kind of mood I am in. I have been concentrating more on writing than reading lately. I also love reading the Bible.

Musically, my favorite singer is Reba McEntire. She is also from Oklahoma. Again I like variety. One day, I may listen to country music. The next day, I may listen to 80’s pop. The next day, I may listen to Gaithersburg gospel music and the next, I may listen to singers like Michael W. Smith. I may even listen to classical or instrumental music too. Again, it depends on my mood and what I am doing at the time. I also have my go-to funny songs when I need a laugh or pick me up, such as the Ray Stevens’ songs.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture to use in feasting on the word of God


FORUM
Feasting On The Word of God   (E)
This is for a Bible study group.
#2245217 by Marvelous Friend


This week’s study is "Armor of God - Shield of Faith. Next week’s is on the sword of the Spirit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you in the need for prayer? Let us know here and we will pray for you.
SURVEY
Open Door To Grace Prayer Hot Line  (E)
Do you want prayer? Ask for it here! All requests are confidential.
#1372909 by Marvelous Friend


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORUM
Poetry Topic of the Month Contest~Closed  (13+)
Win Exclusive MBs. It ends at midnight at the end of each month. Suggest the topic.
#2216416 by Sharmelle's Expressions


Now judging April entries!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the link to the group I do these Scripture writings with on Facebook if anyone else is interested in doing so also.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dailyscripturewritingplan/?ref=share


Scripture writing - 1 Corinthians 10:12-14


Scripture:
12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

Observations:
Verse 12- Like Peter when the cock crowed 3 times, he thought he was ready to die for Christ, instead he denied him. We must be careful that we don’t slip up.
Verse 13- God only allows you to experience temptation you can handle. Every temptation you experience is common and happens to other people too.
Verse 14- avoid idolatry like the plague.

Application:
Pride comes before the fall. Don’t think you won’t ever be tempted, but when you are tempted, God will provide a way of escape. Stay away from idolatry.

Prayer:
Dear God,
Thank you for providing a way for us to escape temptation. Thank you for giving us tools and a way to stand against evil. Help us to remain humble and dependent upon you.
In Jesus’s name,
Amen
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gratitude List


1. Bills getting paid
2. Second chances
3. Technology
4. Strength
5. Indoor plumbing
6. Running water
7. Electricity
8. A running vehicle
9. Recreation
10. Education

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog City image small


Do you dwell on the past or do you move on pretty easily?

I would like to think I move on easily. Of course, some things are harder to move on from than others. Grief is something I do struggle to let go of sometimes because I have had to deal with so much of it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This image was created by the talented by Sharmelle's Expressions!


As a new month starts, so does a new journey across the expanse cyberspace that is the WDC universe. Today we found a star that has been on WDC for some time. BrianKC GrindingGears (459) writes
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2137067 by Not Available.

a poem about serendipity. What do you think? Do you have serendipity? Tell us about it.

When I look up the definition of serendipity, it says it has to do with things turning out good by chance. I can’t say I believe in things happening by chance. God has a good plan and purpose for our life. All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to his purpose. Well, maybe in a way, With that thought in mind, Christians are guaranteed an entire life of serendipity. Interesting thought.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs


Can beauty be found in chaos? How do you describe chaos? How do you describe beauty?

I believe it can. Chaos is everything that can go wrong will go wrong (tragedy and destruction) and un-organization. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Each person interprets their own I think. To me, beauty is extremely pretty or something very good.

Here are a couple examples of what I am talking about. If you think about the chaos surrounding a woman giving birth. That is a beautiful thing because a new life has begun. A tornado can be beautiful, but the end result is chaos from its destruction. As a Christian, I believe the beauty of Salvation came from the chaos of Christ’s death on the cross. As you can see, these are examples of what I believe to be beauty coming from chaos.

FORUM
Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum  (E)
This is the forum where blog prompts will be posted for the Blogging Circle of Friends.
#1901904 by Lyn's a sly fox


© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009462-God-Wants-Us-To-Love-Ourselves