*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009576-Overwhelmed
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2235304
A book to keep track of bible studies and other spiritual wisdoms.
#1009576 added May 3, 2021 at 11:26am
Restrictions: None
Overwhelmed
Prompt: May 3, 2021
Who is your favorite character in the Bible? What is your favorite story?

Write about your answer to these two questions and tell us why they are your favorite.

Marvelous Friend


Manx Cat from Japan


I started to look at characters in the Bible, to understand them in the settings we find them sometime in January 2021. Actually the challenge was aimed at Samuel 1 and 2. Then, that started me looking at some of the other characters in other stories.

Have you read the Iliad? Archeologists proved that this is inspired by real events memorialized in poetry.

I like to read about how God dealt with individuals. The Bible is a memorial to the way God treats individuals and nations. Since God is central in Old and New Testament it is information about God that interests me. To call God a favorite Character seems sacrilegious to me.

I simply cannot name a favorite story because each story has it's own worth. I remember the situation Joseph found himself in, the story of Daniels trials, the prophetess Deborah, Queen Esther, The conflict of Saul vs. David. The differences in personalities of prophets.
The reluctance of Moses and God's understanding and fix, so to keep Moses as a leader.

Can you see how Jesus expressed saving the Hebrew nation and his further extension of having addressed all people?

There is the verse in "Lion of Judah"

Lion of Judah on the throne
I shout your name let it be known,
You are king of kings,
You are the Prince of Peace,
May your Kingdom's reign never cease.

Just too much knowledge of the human experience, with God, in scripture, to have favorite times or places or stories.















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2021 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009576-Overwhelmed