*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009679-R-and-R
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1009679 added May 5, 2021 at 6:15am
Restrictions: None
R and R
PROMPT May 5th

If your job gave you a surprise seven day paid break to rest and recuperate, what would you do with those seven days?

At my age and stage, a seven days paid break would make no difference. We are retired and living in Western Australia far away from the effects of Covid 19 and have no desire to go where the chances of coming across said disease is more likely.
I’m such a home bird I’d probably think of all the chores or jobs around my home this break would give me a chance to do.
When we were working and such an offer came up then we’d probably take the ski boat down to the river and water ski, barbecue and drink beer.
I’m not a fan of air travel, it’s not that I’m scared of flying, I simply hate the whole idea of it. The artificial air, food and the whole experience turns me off.
I very nearly went back to the UK in May 2020. That was the nearest I’ve got for the last twenty years to going “home.” Talked into it by my daughter who offered to “take” me. She said I’d regret not seeing my two remaining brothers and their families if I didn’t go. The only thing that was good about COVID was that it stopped me doing that horrendous flight from Perth to London.
It’s looking more likely that travel restrictions will ease and there will be no more excuses. I think I’ll play the “too old card”


© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009679-R-and-R