*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010010-Dont-fall-asleep-in-church
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1010010 added May 12, 2021 at 10:28pm
Restrictions: None
Don't fall asleep in church.
For my blog



Take UP Your Cross


Prompt:
Acts 20:9
And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead.

Long preaching can be deadly. 🤔 Have you ever fallen asleep in church? What happened? How can we avoid going to sleep during long preaching? Oh, and according to this verse, it is best to avoid a window seat.

Answer:
When I was younger, I would fall asleep during church. For the most part now, I have learned to keep myself awake by fidgeting around quietly. If that doesn't work, I will stand up and leave the room if necessary so as to minimize my disturbing others. Another thing that helps me focus on the sermon is taking notes on it. I always try to carry a pen and notebook. If all else fails I can draw or write a letter or something.

An image for my blog group

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Original Logo.


PROMPT May 11th

What was cool when you were young but isn’t cool now? Is there anything that has become cool in recent years that wasn’t cool in your youth?

Hmmm, I grew up in the 80s decade. So there is a lot I could say about that. Rotary phones with long cords to make them more mobile was one. This generation would freak out if they had to remain attached to the wall and stretch the phone cord through the house as far as it would go. On the bright side, the phone was easier to find. Just follow the cord. 😂

When I was a little girl, we still had record players and eight tracks. I loved having my own record player in my room. Although it was a royal pain when the record was scratched.

I could also mention the famous cassette tapes. I was a part of the generation that recorded songs onto cassettes from the radio. I knew the fun of putting a cassette tape back together with a pencil and praying it still worked when finished.

I was part of the first generation to use computers in school. Windows 3.1 was very cool back then. Laptops we're rare then.

I could mention the Nintendo game system. We would have to blow out the game cartridge to get it to work. When I got my first apartment is when the Ps1 came out.

For me those were the good old days.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog City image small


Prompt “Where we belong is often where we least expect to find ourselves—a place that we may have willed ourselves to forget, but that the heart remembers forever.” Emily Giffin, Where We Belong
How many places have you felt you belonged? Write about them.

I don’t know. I am not a person who worries about fitting in. I am myself. I feel like I belong on this website. Most of my life, I even felt like a misfit in my own family. I am a person who is often misunderstood. I like to consider myself good at communicating, but my actions and attitudes have often been misunderstood. Those who are close to me now often get me, and most even like and love me. There are some who may still misunderstand me, but I am ok with that. I don't live my life to please everyone else. I try to live my life in a way that pleases God. Nothing else matters to me. Of course, I want to be accepted like everyone else, but I am not going to waste my time trying to convince others I am worth it. I know my worth and will pursue others who also value me too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This image was created by the talented by Sharmelle's Expressions!


Prompt: I was cruising the galaxy with Yoda and found this planet: often wrong sung (15)
Read this item:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2249415 by Not Available.


Write about this item in your Blog entry today.

It flows smoothly through all the seasons of the year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs


Day 3098: May 11, 2021

Prompt: May is National Salad month. Write about your favorite salad. If you have a recipe that you can share, please include it.

I don't have the recipe but I love it when the strawberry salad at Braum's here in Oklahoma is in season.

FORUM
Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum  (E)
This is the forum where blog prompts will be posted for the Blogging Circle of Friends.
#1901904 by House Florent is ready

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010010-Dont-fall-asleep-in-church