*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010462-Contentment
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1010462 added May 20, 2021 at 2:24am
Restrictions: None
Contentment
PROMPT May 20th

What does happiness mean to you? Reflect back on a specific moment when you felt unconditionally happy. What circumstances made you feel that way?

I prefer contentment to describe what others may call happiness.

Bhutan holds the distinction of being the only carbon negative country in the world. This is a monumental title to hold. Think peaceful, untouched landscapes, punctuated only by the sounds of its rich wildlife and gurgling rivers. This tiny country judges the successes of their political policies on how happy the people say they are.

The feeling of happiness is fleeting, however contentment can be present even when dealing with minor irritations.

I stood today staring at the beautiful Swan River in Perth. The sun was warm on my back, I looked at the water birds, listened to the sounds of the water, people going about their day and I was content or maybe happy. I do know I was very pleased to be alive and said so to my husband. Is that happiness?

© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010462-Contentment