*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010471-May-20-2021
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1010471 added May 20, 2021 at 10:23am
Restrictions: None
May 20, 2021
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

For my blog "Prompt:
Proverbs 3:7-8
7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.
8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

What does it mean to be wise in my own eyes? What do these verses mean?"

Before I attempt to answer this question, I must ask your advice. I am the Chaplain of the WV Veterans Home in Barboursville WV. As chaplain I have the precarious job of walking on banana peelings and egg shells. I preach to people from churches who are diametrically opposed to each other doctrinally. One will believe in the premillennial reign of Jesus Christ and all that pertains to it. Another is from a church that does not believe in it. Both can use scripture to back up their positions. I have tried to stay neutral on the subject. My position, since I am well versed in both arguments and can see that both arguments are scripturally convincing, is to steer clear of it. I know we will find out!

The Jews thought they were going to be the country that led the rest of the world. In fact, I believe Judas betrayed Jesus because Judas thought doing so would spur Jesus into revolting against the Sanhedrin and against Rome. Judas had listened to all of the preachers and teachers of his time who had misinterpreted many Old Testament scriptures about the Messiah. He thought the Messiah was to set up a physical kingdom on earth. He was wrong.

What says that Jim Bakker, John Hagee, and all of the other premillennialist preachers today are not equally as mistaken? Jesus Himself said that His coming would be at a time when man did not expect. The church did not believe in the "rapture", "premillennialism" or any of this until the 1800's. Prior to that it was unheard of. Now it is commonly accepted and those who don't accept it are branded "non-believers" and "reprobates".

Jesus said we needed to believe only one thing: "Jesus Christ died and rose from the dead."

As long as that is preached all this other stuff is icing.

Now to answer the prompt: I believe to be wise in one's own eyes is to be puffed up full of pride and arrogance. Like the man in question, the proud think they are right and everybody else is wrong. They have no respect for differing opinions, even if those opinions are based on the other person's translation of scripture.

For my blog Today we cruised the outer rim, crossed the galactic plain, and reentered the galaxy. Sitting there in the sector was a lovely star we hadn't discovered. (49) writes to her daughter in vitro. If you were an expectant mother, what would you say to your child?

If I were a mother today I would apologize to the child for getting pregnant to begin with.

Marvin D Schrebe AKA Jamison Christian "Chris" Breva AAD RBA, CPRSS

Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2021 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010471-May-20-2021