*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010512-Protest
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1010512 added May 21, 2021 at 6:49am
Restrictions: None
Protest
PROMPT May 21st

Write an open letter to a person or group of people you strongly disagree with and explain why. Use reason not emotion.

This is a letter to a developer who wants to build a housing development in the hills of Perth after a devastating fire. I’m representing Save Perth Hills.
.

Save Perth Hills has written to our Premier, Mark McGowan advocating for an Independent and Open Inquiry into the Wooroloo Bushfire.

This catastrophe was Perth Hills’ first Climate Change Mega-fire, destroying 87 homes and leaving more than 300 Hills’ people homeless.

We’re seeking urgent clarification from Premier McGowan after correspondence from DEFS implied no formal decision has been made to even hold an inquiry.

Each bushfire holds valuable new information to help us understand and manage our increasingly volatile environment, better inform our policy makers, specifically with regards to planning, and educate the Community on bushfire evacuation dangers.

The extreme risks to people and property, that the Anglican Church and Satterley’s stranded urban North Stoneville plan would bring to our community, along with its non-compliance with WA’s Bushfire Policy 3.7, were reasons why WA’s Planning Commission’s refused it.

Mundaring Council cited the same reasons for refusing, recently, new subdivisions in Swan View and Parkerville.

Surely we need to learn from each and every bushfire so we can plan responsibly for a safer future.

Mark McGowan– It’s been more than 3 months since this disaster. Why haven’t you announced a formal investigation?

We urge you to officially call an Inquiry into the February 2021 Wooroloo bushfires - to offer closure to the hundreds of victims, and reassurance for the future of us all.





© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010512-Protest