*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010519-May-21
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1010519 added May 21, 2021 at 10:26am
Restrictions: None
May 21
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
Prompt: Have you ever written a mission statement for your life? If so, have you accomplished what you predicted. If you haven't, do you feel this might make you more accountable?

---

No. I don’t think my life needed a mission statement because it is not a mission. It is a life, and it is my life. Missions are for those who are out to help the world or a part of it with the secret underlying wish to help themselves first. I think my upbringing and especially the fine values I learned from my extended family are a mission in total and in themselves, and they don’t need to be written down.

Did I have a plan for my life in the beginning, though? Yes, however, that plan had to be revised several times over because it is life, and as they say when you make plans, karma laughs at you.

In short, I didn’t write any statement for my life. The only statements I write are my daily to-do lists and they are doable. Well, most of the time.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: Sunny ’s "In The Heart. What does your heart tell you?

---

This is a nice, sincere poem that describes the author’s heart, which is a very beautiful heart, I think, and I so agree with the last line. “In the heart tells who we are.” But only if we have learned to read correctly and trust well that reading in our hearts.

As to mine, my heart tries not to make me fall into the habit of trusting false feelings and lies, plus to look truth in the eye even if it is hard to take. Then, of course it tells me to focus on love the most, but the kind of love that some call agape and then, the love of God-- if and when I am lucky or destined enough to feel it.

I don’t think what arises from the body and the hormones should be called love; although, most everyone--including me when I was in my teens and early twenties—make the mistake of thinking that as the real love. If that were the real love, would we have so many divorces and failed relationships?

But then, to each her or his own!


© Copyright 2021 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010519-May-21