*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011346-June-5
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1011346 added June 5, 2021 at 11:11am
Restrictions: None
June 5
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: by Lyn's a sly fox Macavity is helping me this evening with the prompt. He wants to know are you a cat person? A dog person? An animal person in general> Do you believe animals add joy to human life?


----

I am more of a cat person nowadays because of my 12 year-old Noche, who came into my life less than a year ago. She is a talker, meowing and sticking around me throughout the day. It is impossible not to love her, despite the fact that her real owners (my son and his then-wife) were about to take Noche to a shelter due to some problems she’d given them, mostly caused by the jealousy of their dog and the other cat. Maybe Noche understands that I butted in on her behalf when I said to my son, "Don't take her to a shelter. I'll take Noche."

Then, I am also an animal person. I love dogs, wildlife, and even the cute salamanders that come into the porch to tease and entertain Noche.

Another factor is I grew up with my grandmother, mother, and my aunt before she got married. My aunt was cat-crazy. She had countless cats and she would take in pregnant feral cats and help them give birth. She also instructed me in the care of newborn kittens, until my mother forbade me to go near her cats. She was worried about me getting sick with some kind of a cat disease, but I think her real reason was jealousy which had to have stemmed from the fact that I was getting too close to my aunt, as such things happen in families.

And yes, I believe animals add importance and sense to our lives. Aside from all the joy and comfort they provide, the idea that we are sharing the same planet with them and the idea of nature repeating itself in all species in different ways make us more alert, observant, and appreciative of the creation and its Creator.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From Tileira ’s "In the silence between breaths...

---

“In the silence between breaths I
hear my distant phantoms wailing.”


If this is not poetic, then, what is!

The substance of the poem is significant, and in particular, one can adapt that to her/his situation or heartbreak without being specific about it.

To say the least, I applaud this poet for her sestina. In fact, I applaud anyone for writing sestinas. I tried it myself a few times and found it fun but restrictive, and in no way, were they this easy as this poet makes them sound. This sestina flows beautifully, and it is full of meaning, in fact with emphasized and accentuated meaning. *Thumbsup*


© Copyright 2021 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011346-June-5