*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011419-Teenagers
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1011419 added June 17, 2021 at 6:34am
Restrictions: None
Teenagers

FORUM
The Bard's Hall Contest  (13+)
APRIL: Flash Fiction, 500 word limit.
#981150 by StephBee - House Targaryen


I listened to a programme on the radio today about teenagers. I didn’t think anything could shock me anymore, but I was distressed to hear an interview with a doctor who’d written a book called Today’s Teenagers.
The main point of difference to today’s kids and those of latter years, is the amount of porn these kids have access to at such a young age. Boys earlier than girls. We’re talking ages of 11 years and up.
The most shocking thing to me was when she said she’d had a young boy aged fifteen asked her to prescribe Viagra because he couldn’t get aroused anymore unless he watched full on porn. His girlfriend didn’t do it for him!
The amount of violent sex, girls are being subjected to because they (boys and girls) think this is what sex is all about is distressing to hear about.
There is a campaign now aimed at high school students here, about respect and making sure that that both parties are agreeable and wanting the same thing.
I can’t help but reflect on my teenage years, how naive I was, but I’m pleased I had that naivety and innocence. Too much, too soon with everything seems to be the lot of the youngsters today. Forced to grow up too soon. The one thing I so agreed with the author of this book was the importance of sleep. Most aren’t getting anywhere near the amount of sleep they need.
Perhaps they are scared they are missing out by not having sex by the age of 14.
So sad.

© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011419-Teenagers