*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011533-A-cold-day
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1011533 added June 17, 2021 at 6:35am
Restrictions: None
A cold day

FORUM
The Bard's Hall Contest  (13+)
APRIL: Flash Fiction, 500 word limit.
#981150 by StephBee - House Targaryen


It’s cold! đŸ¥¶ Well, for Perth it is. Maximum of 13 degrees today!
That’s the talking point of the day. Everywhere I went, people were huddled into thick coats and jumpers, looking shocked.

The big news of course is The Sting. You must have heard about the police sting?
Three years in the making, the secret was kept. The dark web site the criminals thought was safe from the authorities’ prying eyes and ears, was actually a site set up by the FBI and dozens of other organisations working undercover.
Even here in little old Perth, lots of arrests were made today, money and drugs seized. How surprised the criminals were. Driving around in their expensive cars, showing off, thumbing their noses at the police who up until now were unable to arrest them.
It was quite serendipitous for us as my husband and I have just finished watching ‘Startup’ a three season programme on Netflix. It was all about the dark web, something I was pretty ignorant about until recently.
Sometimes something good happens on a cold day.



© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011533-A-cold-day