*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011681-On-Being-Nibbled-to-Death-by-Ducks
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #2156493
A hub for the "Book of Masks" universe.
#1011681 added June 11, 2021 at 12:16pm
Restrictions: None
On Being Nibbled to Death by Ducks
Oh, what a month that was.

So here I am making a blog post again. Am I back? I don't know. I suppose I should start by trying to explain the last month or so.

First of all, I think I was much less ready to return, at the start of May, than I thought I was. I have not had the energy to write, and have felt myself far too easily distracted.

I have also been frustrated by BoM. I couldn't find anything good to write. Even when I found a storyline that I liked, the actual writing went sour on me. I would spend days working up the enthusiasm to write a chapter, and after writing it I would feel bored and impatient with it.

There has also been some real-life distraction. I help out an elderly neighbor by walking his dog, and near the start of May my neighbor fell and broke a bone in his face, so I put in some extra time helping him on account of that. He has also reached the point where he shouldn't be driving -- at least not as far or as often as he has in the past -- so I have been driving him on errands.

These errands don't take a lot of time. But I am a creature of habit, and have trained myself to write between certain hours of the day; other recreation (reading, watching movies, playing games) take up other hours. It was my writing hours that have been most interrupted by the (much more important) task of helping my neighbor, so that's been another disruption, one I've not adapted to yet.

So. Low energy ... lack of enthusiasm ... distractions. These are still in play, so I can't declare that I am back, but I am going to make a conscious effort to revive the WdC habit, at least to the extent of checking in. I do have a dozen or so BoM chapters that I have accumulated during the last six weeks, and I'll start posting them tomorrow, though I'm far from thrilled by them.

To the extent that my readers have been patient and not merely apathetic, I thank you all for it.

© Copyright 2021 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011681-On-Being-Nibbled-to-Death-by-Ducks