*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011753-Fantasy-newsletter-deadline-8221
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#1011753 added August 4, 2021 at 11:26pm
Restrictions: None
Fantasy newsletter deadline 8/2/21
Research


Editor's Picks

1. Land of the Weird
2. Gryphon Gold
3. A Flight of Fancy
4. There goes the neighborhood
5. The New Deal
6. The first rain
7.
8.
9.
Heading 1

Phobias
Heading 2

Does any of your characters have a phobias?

Hook

Can a phobia be a curse?

About This Newsletter

"Never have a phobia you can't pronounce."
Author Unknown

"There's a vast encyclopedia of fears and phobias, and pretty much any object, experience, situation you can think of, there is someone who has a phobia of it."
Scott Stossel


Letter From the Editor

August is the only month in 2021 that has a Friday the thirteenth. For many people, Friday the thirteenth is not a good day, because it is associated with two phobias: (1) Triskaidekaphobia and (2) Paraskevidekatriaphobia. It is associated with Triskaidekaphobia is fear of the number thirteen, and Paraskevidekatriaphobia is fear of Friday. Paraskevidekatriaphobia is also known as Friggatriskaidekaphobia.

Does any of your characters have a phobia? If not, you might want to give them one. I can tell you, from experience, that phobias reveal something about the person suffering from it. If you give your character a phobia, make sure you know how the phobia started. At first, the character does not have to know, but the author should know how the character's phobia began.

Can a phobia be a curse? Yes! I found that my Arachnophobia caused me to freeze whenever I saw a spider, scream if on dropped on me, and gave me nightmares when I was under stress. I finally managed to overcome the Arachnophobia, to a point. I still get chills up my spine when I see one, but I do not freeze and I can dispose of it or flick it off my arm.

If you have a story, rated 18+ or lower, with a character dealing with a phobia please submit it to this newsletter. If you write a story of this type. please submit it. The deadline for my next edition of the fantasy newsletter is August 27, 2021.

Editors Picks

 Land of Weird  (E)
Werewolf is met with a surprise.
#2248159 by bas

Excerpt: “Done with the unpacking ? “

 Gryphon Gold  (E)
Never trust a gryphon.
#2254278 by Zehzeh

Excerpt: As much as we do not like to admit it, humans, that is to say the current lot of Homo Sapiens, do have some good ideas. And some pretty stupid ones as well, but it is best not to dwell on that. Then there is the ages old debate of whether we, the Magica Sapiens, are the rightful inheritors of Planet Earth or, having crossed the Dividing Curtain, should we abandon the place that made us? A tricky philosophical debate. I would say stay, but then, just look what happened to the Neanderthals. A lovely lot, in tune with the Lifeweb but too dozy to understand that Hom. Sap. would outbreed them. Then there were the Devisonians - do not get me started on those dimwits.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2255379 by Not Available.

Excerpt: Henry Kuttner balled up the piece of paper he’d been typing his latest pulp magazine short story on and growled, “I hate deadlines. What a writer has to do to make a buck.”

 There Goes The Neighborhood  (E)
A white hat is not welcomed in every community- Flash Fiction 287 words
#2250293 by Grin 'n Bear It!

Excerpt: "Oh look, Horst! Our new neighbors have put up a lovely little sign, 'Welcome to The Hobby's Humble Home'." She turned back to her white-bearded husband and gestured for him to join her at the window. "Let's visit and take them a house warming gift. That bird house you made will be perfect."

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2255296 by Not Available.

Excerpt: The eternal battle for souls has a new agreement that has been christened, The New Deal.

 The First Rain  (E)
A team dispatches to set up equipment to monitor the first rainfall on a planet.
#2255431 by DAtmospheres

Excerpt: Sandar’s gas regulator still wasn’t right; he stopped to adjust it, turning the control left until he felt the gas jets sputter and then right half a turn. As he was tightening the thumbscrew to fix the feed in place, Mags turned around. “Well? Are you coming or not?” her voice clattered from the speakers inside his helmet.


Submitted by Readers

Activities, Groups, and Contests



Elfin Dragon-finally published writes: I think the best-known weather omen has to do with sailors - "Red sky in morning, sailors take warning. Red sky at night, sailors delight." This omen let sailors know if there would be a storm that day or the next.

Alex Morgan writes: I heard that if the sun is shining at the same time it is raining, it will rain again the same time tomorrow.



© Copyright 2021 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011753-Fantasy-newsletter-deadline-8221