*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011911-Doom
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#1011911 added June 15, 2021 at 10:28am
Restrictions: None
Doom
Doom, or the sense of black clouds overhead, paralyzes. It is stifling to the whole life process and hard to shed the wariness that ensues. Predicting future calamity is impossible, but mayhem seems to travel in six packs. When one event occurs, human nature casts a net of suspicion. You tend to become immobile in deed and action. It becomes a gnawing fear that calls you to the edge of disaster. Currently, I reside in this tread wary land. The event that brought about my nervous tics was unexpected. As we ate our dinner, the doorbell rang and the words that flew from my daughters mouth were, "Oh my God,mom your car!"

I jumped from my seat to find my cute little jeep had been crushed by a fallen tree limb. The sweet little mirror laid in the street winking at me. The crushed roof mockingly mooned me and the broken glass of the windshield cut me to the core. It is just a car and no one was hurt in the smashing of my little "OY VEY" (name for my car). But I tell you that it is the first new car that I have ever owned and I loved him like a family pet.

A side story that revolves around the current car is that the one that preceded this vehicle was killed 24 hours after I got it. I drove it to work and on the way back home a woman ran a red light and smashed in to me. I was unhurt but the car was totaled and of course she had no insurance. That was a nightmare for the books, but again no one was injured and my mind centered around the blessing portion of the event. But after each occurrence the soul becomes hyper-vigilant.

© Copyright 2021 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1011911-Doom