*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012106-Reminiscing
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#1012106 added June 18, 2021 at 4:32pm
Restrictions: None
Reminiscing
I'm back for the second or third time. I want to continue this blog and talk about how life has been during this tumultuous time of Covid 19 and quarantine. I don't know about anyone else but it has been one hell of a year! Now were starting to come out of it and I'm glad like everyone else. Lets see, we had Covid in Feb and it progressed into one bad situation, with the death toll rising, in the United States we have lost over 600,000 people. That so hard to believe, and there are still more countries going through the same thing. A vaccination was invented in a short period of time (which made some people think it would not work). BUT it did work and things are looking better. California has opened its economy up and things are getting back to normal somewhat! Some us still wear masks even though we've had both shots. There is still a strain out there they keep talking about that is more contagious and deadlier. The shots work against it but so many people still haven't had their shots and who knows it may start all over again. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The other big event that happened during the time period was the election for the President of the United States. I don't want to go down the political rabbit hole, so I'll say that the Democrats won and Joe Biden was elected President. It was a very continuous election and not everyone thought the outcome was correct. There were many election fraud cases brought infront of the courts and they were all thrown out. Many State legislators (Republican) have changed the voting rules in there states, so the next election it will be harder for colored people to vote. It makes you stop and wonder what this country is coming too. Our federal government can't get anything done because of the animosity between the two parties. Nobody considers themselves Americans they are only Republican or Democrat.

I don't think that catches me up but it a little headway into the past year. Right now were in a heat wave, in the high desert. It's a 107 outside and our swamp cooler is going full blast. The temp inside is around 82 or 84 which is not bad. The western Region of the United States in going through a drastic drought. We haven't had rain in a long time and our lakes and reservoirs are drying up. I would expect water rationing is in our future. That's a problem with the swamp cooler, it keeps releasing water to keep it fresh, and I'm not sure how many gallons are released.

We did invest in a solar system with 18 panels on the roof. We also purchased a Tesla power supply (battery) and we have been off grid since the battery went on line. That won't be the case if we start running the air conditioner. Dammed if you Do Dammed if you don't!

since this is the first blog please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors. I just want to put it out there.

© Copyright 2021 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012106-Reminiscing